• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think, in his defense, hes so close to 700, that you cant really blame him.

I fully agree, hes been done for s few years, and he needs to accept his personal milestone isnt bigger than the tea.. (any team)

But I can sympathize a bit.... so close to that huge milestone.

Without covid hed finish top ten in hits, and 700 almost for sure. 

Sucks for him... but he also shouldnt have gotten that close to begin with. This team gave him a ton of leash the past few years.

I almost wonder if there was hope in the org that if he got to 700 hed retire? And thats why they kept playing him. But they finally couldnt justify it because of the emergence of others.

The narrative that he was personally robbed of 700 bugs me a bit.

The same number of games were taken away from all players.

He suffered nothing unique.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you guys think a team will sign him and give him the same playing time he wanted with the Angels?

I'm looking at teams out there and finding a hard time finding one that can give him more playing time than the Angels did and would going forward.

I don't think any team other than the Cardinals will call and that would be for a retirement contract. 

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Is 700 really that much more of a milestone than 667?  I mean, he'd be in 4th place all time--but he'd also be in 4th place if he had 697...700 seems like a manufactured goal.

Al Kaline I believe had a rain shortened game where he hit a home run. That didn't count and he finished his career with 399. I don't think he ever made a big deal about it.

Remember when the Yankees released Alex Rodriguez?

"No athlete ever ends his career, or her career, the way you want to," he told reporters while visibly emotional at a news conference. "We all want to keep playing forever, but it doesn't work that way. Accepting the end gracefully is part of being a professional athlete. Saying goodbye may be the hardest part of the job, but that's what I'm doing today."

Too bad Pujols couldn't have taken the same high road.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Remember when the Yankees released Alex Rodriguez?

"No athlete ever ends his career, or her career, the way you want to," he told reporters while visibly emotional at a news conference. "We all want to keep playing forever, but it doesn't work that way. Accepting the end gracefully is part of being a professional athlete. Saying goodbye may be the hardest part of the job, but that's what I'm doing today."

Too bad Pujols couldn't have taken the same high road.

Yes A-Rod, you had a super graceful end to you career.... A year long ban, a legal fight to try to get paid despite having been caught red handed.... You were class personified....

27 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Holy crap. Just looked it up. In a decade playing here, pujols had ONE season with a SLG over .500.

Thats.... unbelieveable

Never batted .300 with us. And only 2 seasons with a OBP above .330

I didnt realize how badly he fell off, right after getting here. Almost a completely different player than St Louis

Don't do this to yourself.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes A-Rod, you had a super graceful end to you career.... A year long ban, a legal fight to try to get paid despite having been caught red handed.... You were class personified....

When day came he didn't pout and hide from the media. I was never an A-Rod fan but when the Yankees did finally cut him he didn't act like a bitch.

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

When day came he didn't pout and hide from the media. I was never an A-Rod fan but when the Yankees did finally cut him he didn't act like a bitch.

A-Rod spent his entire career saying and doing what he believed would ingratiate himself with fans.  When the day came he did what he always did, he put on an act.

Act or not, he did what he was supposed to. He faced the cameras, the scrutiny. There were no good players in A-Rods final years. The Yankees wanted out from under the salary cap and tried to nullify his contract.

People here gave Arte shit for trying to nullify Hamilton's contract for drug use and giving up on the team, refusing to report to spring training. Never once did A-Rod give up wanting to play but that was no excuse for the PED use. Regardless he showed up to play until cut, then showed up to face the press.

Pujols has shown nothing but the air of entitlement.  Screw him.

11 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I didnt realize how badly he fell off, right after getting here. Almost a completely different player than St Louis

I never really followed Pujols in St. Louis, I don't watch NL.

But man, was I promised some greatness from this board.  It was insane how high the expectations were.   He sucked from the beginning, and I never saw anything even approaching greatness from him. 

I just looked it up.

He had a .217/.265/.304 slash line his first month.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=pujolal01&year=2012&t=b

funny-cake-fails-expectations-reality-15