• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

37 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

here's an article about Pujols last days in an Angel's uniform. it's from Bob...so take it with the grain of Salt.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nightengales-notebook-albert-pujols-final-113924193.html

well of Pujols did start bitching, atleast he called out Maddon for being a garbage manager.

So Maddon tells Albert he is in the line up, then the front office tells Maddon not to put Albert in the line up.  Then Albert goes off on the front office and throws Maddon under the bus, even though it was Maddon that was going to put him in the line up?  Maddon played him in 24 of the 28 games, and what felt like a bunch of games in a row there at the end.  Just seems like manufactured drama in a situation that already had people’s interest.  

At the end if the day, it all falls at Arte's feet, IMO. And I'm not just talking about the Pujols situation. 

The organization appears to be in a constant state of dysfunction. The optics have been a PR nightmare.

The organization continues to make more headlines off the field than on it and that's never a good thing.

Winning is the only remedy...

31 minutes ago, True Grich said:

At the end if the day, it all falls at Arte's feet, IMO. And I'm not just talking about the Pujols situation. 

The organization appears to be in a constant state of dysfunction. The optics have been a PR nightmare.

The organization continues to make more headlines off the field than on it and that's never a good thing.

Winning is the only remedy...

Is is fair to ask if the organization “appears to be in a constant state of dysfunction” (compared to other teams) to us because we are the people most intimately paying attention?

We cannot really compare how much dysfunction there is with the Angels because 99.9% of us are not following other teams this closely.

I would guess that the hardcore (fill in the blank team here) fan thinks that team “appears to be in a constant state of dysfunction” (compare to other teams).

There are definitely issues with this team.  I am just not really sure how much worse these issues are compare to most other teams.

Maybe worse I guess.  But tough to really know because we are not this deeply entrenched into every other teams second to second moves, tones, vibes, rumors, frictions, etc.

Edited by Dtwncbad

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

Act or not, he did what he was supposed to. He faced the cameras, the scrutiny. There were no good players in A-Rods final years. The Yankees wanted out from under the salary cap and tried to nullify his contract.

People here gave Arte shit for trying to nullify Hamilton's contract for drug use and giving up on the team, refusing to report to spring training. Never once did A-Rod give up wanting to play but that was no excuse for the PED use. Regardless he showed up to play until cut, then showed up to face the press.

Pujols has shown nothing but the air of entitlement.  Screw him.

I agree with the screw AP, but no last minute presser is going to change the fact that Arod spent his entire life pretending he wasnt a douchebag.

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Is is fair to ask if the organization “appears to be in a constant state of dysfunction” (compared to other teams) to us because we are the people most intimately paying attention?

We cannot really compare how much dysfunction there is with the Angels because 99.9% of us are not following other teams this closely.

I would guess that the hardcore (fill in the blank team here) fan thinks that team “appears to be in a constant state of dysfunction” (compare to other teams).

There are definitely issues with this team.  I am just not really sure how much worse these issues are compare to most other teams.

Maybe worse I guess.  But tough to really know because we are not this deeply entrenched into every other teams second to second moves, tones, vibes, rumors, frictions, etc.

All valid points. 

But if we created a laundry list of things, it would probably prove my point.

At the same time, I don't really care about other teams.

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure we'll ever get more detail. But it makes Albert look worse, if true. 

If hes throwing temper tantrums after sitting one game.....

I don’t blame him for being upset, but his alleged response to a diminished role isn’t consistent with his nice guy image. I find that very disappointing from someone of his stature in the game.

his occasional successes were not enough to offset his consistent decline. He above all others should have understood this. This smacks of someone who just didn’t want his time to end, and wasn’t ready to face the truth.

If someone has a subscription to USA TODAY - the entire article appears to be scathing about Albert's behavior - would love for it to be posted here (with Chuck's permission...of course)  or at least the juicy parts - that Perry - in his on live on air interview - said he was professional. 

1 minute ago, Tank said:

I don’t blame him for being upset, but his alleged response to a diminished role isn’t consistent with his nice guy image. I find that very disappointing from someone of his stature in the game.

his occasional successes were not enough to offset his consistent decline. He above all others should have understood this. This smacks of someone who just didn’t want his time to end, and wasn’t ready to face the truth.

exactly.

I mentioned earlier, from his standpoint, I too (so would anyone) would have been fixated on getting to 700 in his shoes.

But the team, any team, is more important. 

Albert is a legend, yes. But the milk is expired. And its not like its come on suddenly... he was very bad for the past several years. And we have better options now....

Yes, he put up a ton of numbers. But lots of other guys could have made it to certain clubs, too, had they been allowed to stay as long as he did, while he sucked...

19 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure we'll ever get more detail. But it makes Albert look worse, if true. 

If hes throwing temper tantrums after sitting one game.....

He went out kicking and screaming like a petulant little bitch. 

If guys like Pedro and Ortiz want to defend that sort of "shameful" behavior then it only adds to their legacies as an elder abuser and a cheat.

At this point I'm looking forward for the DFA time to pass just to see if anyone will take him on when it's for free.  I still think Milwaukee may do it because their 1B situation is so brutal..

6 minutes ago, Tank said:

Particularly after that little story about how the success of the franchise matters most.  

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

He went out kicking and screaming like a petulant little bitch. 

If guys like Pedro and Ortiz want to defend that sort of "shameful" behavior then it only adds to their legacies as an elder abuser and a cheat.

At this point I'm looking forward for the DFA time to pass just to see if anyone will take him on when it's for free.  I still think Milwaukee may do it because their 1B situation is so brutal..

ALL of those guys are in the same club. They get so coddled for so long, they believe theyre above anyone ever dealing with them.in a realistic way

4 minutes ago, cals said:

I would like to remind everyone that this is the team whose arguably best pitcher OD’d from pills he got from a front office guy and neither the use or the hook ups were exactly secrets.  Let’s not act like the Angels reputation was good before this.

Let’s not even get into our rapist pitching coach.

t3qkhrohrh321.jpg

8 minutes ago, cals said:

You make a good point, and maybe one day Albert will understand it, that if it wasn’t for the Angels putting up with terrible numbers for so long that he would not have even come close to some to the counting stat milestones.  Whatever those numbers were at the end of 2017, that’s probably what he would have ended with.

Bingo.

It sucks for him, because he came so close.

But in truth, he should have never gotten that close. At best, he should have been a backup by 2019. His previous 2 years were horrible... but after not one, but two really bad ones, the whole org (and pujols) should have accepted it.

Playing him as much as they did was like a gift to get him that close.

Again... Covid made it worse. Lets say he went into this year needing 20 more HRs... has already hit 5..... you work it out w him that he'll play 3 times a week, and can concentrate just on home runs (which he was doing anyway). 

Not as bad

But with how bad he was, you have to play him daily to hit 30.... daily wasnt cutting it for the team. And he still very well wouldnt have gotten there...

And the only reason there was even a shot was because they overlooked reality the past several years...

24 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

If someone has a subscription to USA TODAY - the entire article appears to be scathing about Albert's behavior - would love for it to be posted here (with Chuck's permission...of course)  or at least the juicy parts - that Perry - in his on live on air interview - said he was professional. 

@JoJo26 I'm not seeing the article behind a paywall or subscription. 

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2021/05/09/how-albert-pujols-final-hours-before-being-cut-angels-turned-ugly/5007305001/

17 minutes ago, cals said:

maybe one day Albert will understand it, that if it wasn’t for the Angels putting up with terrible numbers for so long that he would not have even come close to some to the counting stat milestones

I agree.

In the last five years of his contract, Pujols gave the Angels NEGATIVE 1.9 bWAR, while they paid him 140 million. It's not shameful that they released him in his last year; it is patient and loyal that they didn't do it sooner.