• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

Just now, Second Base said:

The investigation is occurring right now. Please brush up on your 8th grade history in order to understand due process. I believe the Angels aren't in a position to make any decisions right now until the investigation is concluded, otherwise they'd have a lawsuit on their hands.

Let the process play out. I'm sure your strong desire for termination will be satiated at some point, you just need to learn to be patient. 

I agree, but it's pretty obvious what the conclusion is going to be. 

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

I agree, but it's pretty obvious what the conclusion is going to be. 

Yes. That's been the likeliest outcome since day one. If I had to guess, Callaway has played this one correctly from a legal standpoint, and MLB investigators won't be able to conclude that it wasn't consensual. The Angels will let him go, but not until his contract is up or they will pay him a severance. In the meantime, Wise will be the permanent intern pitching coach.

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The cycle ends by bringing abuse out into the light. The reason it continues is that people think keeping "family secrets" is more important than honesty and transparency.

Yep, I didn't complete the thought.....transparency and prosecution makes an impact on abusers.  I was not clear that Nick was an abused child.

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

What do they have to gain, exactly?

You are obviously a very trusting person and have not seen the true story crime vids I have and read the articles I have. They can lie simply because he rejected them. Callaway wouldn't leave his wife for them or wouldn't buy them a drink etc so they make up this story. It's their way of getting back at him/punishing him. They could be after money. Use it to get a book deal. Plenty of reasons why a woman would lie.

9 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

You are obviously a very trusting person and have not seen the true story crime vids I have and read the articles I have. They can lie simply because he rejected them. Callaway wouldn't leave his wife for them or wouldn't buy them a drink etc so they make up this story. It's their way of getting back at him/punishing him. They could be after money. Use it to get a book deal. Plenty of reasons why a woman would lie.

There sure seem to be a lot of women who are in on this scam.  I wonder how they will split the book deal proceeds.    

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

What do you guys think exactly is the Angels' brand at this point?

The lack of success is the big takeaway right now.   But being unsuccessful and also bad human beings would come off worse.   

That said, there is no denying he has grown the "brand" from where it was, or have people really forgotten how the Angels were on the contraction list as one of the "small market" teams.   Or that Disney and Autry both mocked him for thinking the Angels were anything but small market.

Make the playoffs twice with Trout and the "brand" will suddenly look very different.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

Man gets cheated on by his wife for two years... and calls the other man's employer repeatedly.

Any other revelations in this article?

The Indians knew all along, Francona passively covered for him and the Mets hired him without really doing any vetting because he was MLB's it boy that week.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

From Terry Francona's son: 

This is the same guy that when someone tried to talk shit about Mike Scioscia's character the dude went on a long ass rant about how Sosh was one of the most quality human beings in MLB.  He basically said MS would sooner quit that be unethical.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

The lack of success is the big takeaway right now.   But being unsuccessful and also bad human beings would come off worse.   

That said, there is no denying he has grown the "brand" from where it was, or have people really forgotten how the Angels were on the contraction list as one of the "small market" teams.   Or that Disney and Autry both mocked him for thinking the Angels were anything but small market.

Make the playoffs twice with Trout and the "brand" will suddenly look very different.

Arte most definitely grew the brand, but whatever momentum he had in doing so seems to be diminishing every year. For a guy who has made millions in the marketing/advertising arena he seems to shoot himself in the foot a lot lately. 

When the team makes more headlines for what happens off the field rather than on it, it's pretty sad. And top that off with the baseball decisions not panning out and the brand is surely losing some of its appeal.

33 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Several women have already stated the contact was not consensual, which is the very definition of non-consensual. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

I really don't think a wrongful termination lawsuit would hold up in this case.

He has a contract so, there may be more to it than that.

If he can show that none of what is coming up now has happened while in Anaheim and that none of it has anything to do with his work, then they would be firing for reasons outside of his ability as a coach.  So, unless he has some sort of morality clause in his contract he could sue not only for he is due but also claim his future earnings have been hindered by the Angels actions.    

Basically, I think the Angels biggest concerns have more to do with what Callaway's lawyers may be able to argue.

9 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Arte most definitely grew the brand, but whatever momentum he had in doing so seems to be diminishing every year. For a guy who has made millions in the marketing/advertising arena he seems to shoot himself in the foot a lot lately. 

When the team makes more headlines for what happens off the field rather than on it, it's pretty sad. And top that off with the baseball decisions not panning out and the brand is surely losing some of its appeal.

The brand is shit right now IMO, which is why it would be effing stupid to make it worse.