• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

"Pending an investigation" implies that one hasn't yet begun--which is a little surprising.  @Jeff Fletcher, is it your impression that the Angels (or MLB?) haven't actually started the official investigation yet?  Or is it more of a "pending the COMPLETION OF an investigation"-type of situation?

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

"Pending an investigation" implies that one hasn't yet begun--which is a little surprising.  @Jeff Fletcher, is it your impression that the Angels (or MLB?) haven't actually started the official investigation yet?  Or is it more of a "pending the COMPLETION OF an investigation"-type of situation?

“Pending the completion of the investigation” is what that means. 

7 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

The Mets guy admitted to it, so they let him go. The Mariners guy said it on leaked video, so they let him go. Callaway doesn't have anything public like that, so still waiting to complete the investigation.

Some of it is, I assume, based only on the testimony of the women in question. Some of it is also from texts - which I would think is still able to be viewed. I've seen people mention dick picks, but as far as I've seen it was mainly harassment that they didn't tell him they weren't interested because they didn't want to get on Callaway's bad side. I'm not saying it isn't a fireable offense, but the Angels management may not view those offenses as serious enough to fire him for. The more serious charges I saw were allegedly thrusting his crotch in a female reporter's face and asking for nude pics, but as far as I know, the former could simply be denied. The last one would be the hardest to avoid firing him for. But if they're committed to keeping him, which at this point I'm starting to suspect, then they may either try to find some way to excuse or deny it, or just wait a bit longer and say they investigated and decided it wasn't enough to fire him over. Maybe he issues a canned apology and promises to educate himself or take a class on how to relate to women appropriately in the workplace. 

I don't believe that's what they should do, but the longer this goes on the more I believe it is the likely result. There's zero reason an investigation should take this long. 

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am disappointed that you've come to this conclusion while having no facts at your disposal to convict him. 

https://theathletic.com/2360126/2021/02/01/mickey-callaway-mets-lewd-behavior/?source=user_shared_article

I mean, if Rosenthal's got his name on the byline there's a much < 1% chance it's untrue. Much more believable that a team would want to sweep dirty laundry under the rug than these would all be made up. There's really no incentive for that.