• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

I won't insert the entire article referenced in the above Rosenthal tweet, but it contains more accusations of Callaway making lewd, rude, and/or unwanted comments to various women, sending unsolicited pics, etc.   It sounds like several of these incidents involved women who weren't necessarily directly associated with Callaway on a professional basis (i.e., they weren't reporters, as in some of the previous allegations), though there are some new allegations of unwanted attention towards Indians' employees, as well. Nothing was reported, as people were concerned about their jobs and their own reputations if they reported (not an uncommon way of thinking,  prior to a couple years ago in these types of situations).

Multiple people allege that his creepiness was well-known within the Cleveland organization.  The article spends a good deal of time talking about a consensual affair that he had with a woman who he met when her son asked for an autograph. The affair continued for quite some time. When the husband found out, he repeatedly complained to the Indians.  Details then get sketchy and contradictory, but the complaints allegedly eventually made their way to Terry Francona and the GM, and Callaway may have been fined and otherwise punished. 

Near the end of the article, there are some brief comments from Callaway, including a new statement issued in regard to the allegations in this article: 

"Callaway, when reached before the publication of The Athletic’s article last month, said that any relationship he was involved in was consensual and that his conduct “was in no way intended to be disrespectful to any women involved.” Multiple sources told The Athletic that Callaway has denied any wrongdoing to the Angels.

When contacted Monday, Callaway responded via email: “While much of the reporting around my behavior has been inaccurate, the truth is that on multiple occasions I have been unfaithful to my wife, and for that I am deeply sorry. What I have never done is use my position to harass or pressure a woman.  I am confident that I have never engaged in anything that was non-consensual. I feel truly blessed that my wife and children have stuck with me as the most personal and embarrassing details of my infidelities have been revealed. I will continue to work as hard as I can to repair the rift of trust that I have caused inside of my family."

Edited by jsnpritchett

40 minutes ago, Blarg said:

By consensual he must mean he was OK with it because it seems other than a couple of sluts, no one else was. This has now gone on for a month and so far no action by the league or the Angels. Jr must have a damn good lawyer.

This

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I won't insert the entire article referenced in the above Rosenthal tweet, but it contains more accusations of Callaway making lewd, rude, and/or unwanted comments to various women, sending unsolicited pics, etc.   It sounds like several of these incidents involved women who weren't necessarily directly associated with Callaway on a professional basis (i.e., they weren't reporters, as in some of the previous allegations), though there are some new allegations of unwanted attention towards Indians' employees, as well. Nothing was reported, as people were concerned about their jobs and their own reputations if they reported (not an uncommon way of thinking,  prior to a couple years ago in these types of situations).

Multiple people allege that his creepiness was well-known within the Cleveland organization.  The article spends a good deal of time talking about a consensual affair that he had with a woman who he met when her son asked for an autograph. The affair continued for quite some time. When the husband found out, he repeatedly complained to the Indians.  Details then get sketchy and contradictory, but the complaints allegedly eventually made their way to Terry Francona and the GM, and Callaway may have been fined and otherwise punished. 

Near the end of the article, there are some brief comments from Callaway, including a new statement issued in regard to the allegations in this article: 

"Callaway, when reached before the publication of The Athletic’s article last month, said that any relationship he was involved in was consensual and that his conduct “was in no way intended to be disrespectful to any women involved.” Multiple sources told The Athletic that Callaway has denied any wrongdoing to the Angels.

When contacted Monday, Callaway responded via email: “While much of the reporting around my behavior has been inaccurate, the truth is that on multiple occasions I have been unfaithful to my wife, and for that I am deeply sorry. What I have never done is use my position to harass or pressure a woman.  I am confident that I have never engaged in anything that was non-consensual. I feel truly blessed that my wife and children have stuck with me as the most personal and embarrassing details of my infidelities have been revealed. I will continue to work as hard as I can to repair the rift of trust that I have caused inside of my family."

Man I read that article just now and kept seeing him referencing how he didn't abuse his power in the workplace and how it was all during his time off and I kept thinking how he has this lawyered down pretty well.  It's funny because all the references made to his being smart and charming just tells me he knew how to work the system to his advantage.

Angels are going to have to pick between looking like douchebags and a wrongful termination lawsuit.   You'd think saving oneself (Arte), and the brand (Angels), from that sort of PR disaster would be an easy choice but here we are.

4 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

What do you guys think exactly is the Angels' brand at this point?

Overpaid roster, meddling owner, that’s wasting Trout’s career, while providing an affordable fan experience.  

That’s probably a “fair” description, but I’m sure some guys, yourself included will try to work in a Skaggs reference. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Overpaid roster, meddling owner, that’s wasting Trout’s career, while providing an affordable fan experience.  

That’s probably a “fair” description, but I’m sure some guys, yourself included will try to work in a Skaggs reference. 

Yours is pretty accurate.

Its a "meh" franchise brand.  I wish it was better.

24 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Man I read that article just now and kept seeing him referencing how he didn't abuse his power in the workplace and how it was all during his time off and I kept thinking how he has this lawyered down pretty well.  It's funny because all the references made to his being smart and charming just tells me he knew how to work the system to his advantage.

Angels are going to have to pick between looking like douchebags and a wrongful termination lawsuit.   You'd think saving oneself (Arte), and the brand (Angels), from that sort of PR disaster would be an easy choice but here we are.

Seems like the investigation should be coming to an end soon. I think he'll be gone this week.

I’ve tried to explain sexual harassment to my 16 y/o son, who is much smarter than I am.  It’s confusing to me because when I was growing up the rules were different.  If you didn’t try to kiss a woman they would be offended.  Now it’s more like, “may I try to kiss you?”  Not a good negotiation starting point.

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yup, definitely have a tough choice either way. Although it'd be good to move on I do think the Angels are doing the right thing and waiting until a full and thorough investigation has been completed. My opinion is neither to protect him or fire him. I just want a full investigation to be done. If they find clear evidence on what he did then get him the hell out.

Am I suppose to react to Nick Francona's response?  He offers nothing new except his own "trauma" in this ordeal.  If you have an issue with your father, man-up and either confront him or leave it alone.  Publicly airing family grievances is cowardly and says more about the person whining than the issue.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

Am I suppose to react to Nick Francona's response?  He offers nothing new except his own "trauma" in this ordeal.  If you have an issue with your father, man-up and either confront him or leave it alone.  Publicly airing family grievances is cowardly and says more about the person whining than the issue.

This kid is slurping up the attention in the comments to his tweet. He clearly has some issues. He's looking to gain fame with the uber woke crowd or something.

I don't know why anyone should care what Nick Francona has to say about the issue...lol.

20 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Man gets cheated on by his wife for two years... and calls the other man's employer repeatedly.

Any other revelations in this article?

Yes, the revelations are that Calloway’s conduct has been consistent throughout his professional career, that while he was “working” he was hitting on paying customers (fans), that he had no boundaries (players wives and girlfriends were not off limits to him), that players wives were concerned enough to tell their husbands, that him sending lewd pictures was not uncommon, and that people in the organization knew about his conduct. 

Basically, substantiating with other sources that Calloway has issues.

Maybe try actually reading the article with an eye towards comprehension.