• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

1 minute ago, mmc said:

What in the world does this have to do with anything?  He shouldn't criticize his dad because if he didn't have his last name he'd be a nobody?  What?

That's just it. He is where he is because of his dad, I think that's obvious. He clearly has issues with his dad, whatever. You don't make a spectacle and throw your own father under the bus because you and him have some issues. There's something to be said for family loyalty.

As I stated before, this isn't even in the Angels hands at this point. Posters that are upset he hasn't been fired yet don't appear to understand this. 

He's assumed innocent of these charges until proven guilty. Given the mounting evidence, it appears there is enough to justify termination at the conclusion of the investigation but we simply don't know that.

Judging by the fact that the investigation wasn't open and shut, I think people may need to come to terms with the fact that not all of this is as it appears. You're reaching conclusions based on information that is presented in a specific manner that is meant to outrage you as the reader. It's like watching CNN to get an accurate picture of what Americans are like. 

Wait until the investigation is finished. For all we know, this may be wise than anything we've seen and it turns into a criminal investigation. Or on the flip side, it is possible that Callaway is telling the truth. I know that's appalling to those of you reacting emotionally to all of this, but it remains within the range of outcomes. 

Chances are, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Callaway is a dirtbag that cheated on his wife, but none of the offenses come with enough concrete evidence to terminate his contract with the Angels. So this investigation will draw on, and at the conclusion of it, the Angels will either send him through some sort of rehab process, fire him on the spot, pay him a severance package to simply go away, or place him in admin leave until the contract is up and then let him go. At any rate, he won't be a pitching coach for the Angels for a very long time, if ever. 

Just let it play out. 

8 minutes ago, mmc said:

I also hate when people take personal shit to twitter, but sorry, if you do what Francona and all of the people who covered this up did, you deserve any criticism you get, regardless of how it's conveyed.

And it’s not like Francona doesn’t have his past peccadillos.   Red Sux beer and chicken storyline in 2011, anyone?  Where they collapsed in September, and lost a big WC lead.

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

I also hate when people take personal shit to twitter, but sorry, if you do what Francona and all of the people who covered this up did, you deserve any criticism you get, regardless of how it's conveyed.

I disagree and I can't harp on the point enough that it's despicable to step on your own father who got you where you were. It's just...completely lacking any sense of honor.

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I disagree and I can't harp on the point enough that it's despicable to step on your own father who got you where you were. It's just...completely lacking any sense of honor.

I would assume that same honor applies to the guy who has admitted to cheating on his wife, yet it feels as though you are supporting him. 

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think Nick's point is that his dad is the one who isn't acting with a sense of honor and decency.  

(Also, side note: I didn't realize until a few minutes ago that Nick actually worked for the Angels for 2 years after he got out of the Marines.)

Just now, Stradling said:

I would assume that same honor applies to the guy who has admitted to cheating on his wife, yet it feels as though you are supporting him. 

Woah woah woah. No. I don't know how you can say that, I haven't commented on the Callaway situation at all in this discussion. My issue is with the Francona thing.

3 hours ago, Taylor said:

Several women have already stated the contact was not consensual, which is the very definition of non-consensual. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

I really don't think a wrongful termination lawsuit would hold up in this case.

if it happened while callaway was employed by cleveland and NY but not since anaheim hired him, there can be some legal technicalities to work through.

for instance, if you were employed by macy's but stole something while you worked at burger king, i don't think macy's can fire you for your previous behavior when you weren't under their employ.

43 minutes ago, Tank said:

if it happened while callaway was employed by cleveland and NY but not since anaheim hired him, there can be some legal technicalities to work through.

for instance, if you were employed by macy's but stole something while you worked at burger king, i don't think macy's can fire you for your previous behavior when you weren't under their employ.

You're worried about those sunglasses aren't you?