• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, cals said:

I just call that the “I know you are but what am I?” part.  Summation? Well la ti da Mr. Fancy Pants.

you're also supposed to try and make the court reporter cry. you should tell her she's fat and that sleeping with the bailiff is as good as she can do.

10 hours ago, cals said:

In the highly unlikely event he’s a creep, then they would be fine.  Even then he could sue and claim he was framed by a bunch of lying broads (and he’s probably win, TBH).

OK, I'm calling out @cals as Mickey Callaway. The name, the opinions, the defence of the indefensible, yes, I see it now. 

3 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

OK, I'm calling out @cals as Mickey Callaway. The name, the opinions, the defence of the indefensible, yes, I see it now. 

One more reason we should all be happy we won the American Revolution. If we lost then we would all be typing this way. 

Yup, it's a messed up language for sure, mostly because it's an imbroglio of other languages. Every word in English that ends in "tion" is spelled exactly the same in French for example.

We say 'in hospital' if you are staying there as an in-patient, and 'in the hospital' if you are just visiting, working there, or an out-patient. Do you guys also say 'in the college', or just 'in college'? 

'While' and 'whilst' are slightly different to each other - e.g "I have been using my mobile phone whilst driving for a while now" - the whilst infers a certain duality of action.

'Often' and 'oftentimes' are both a variation of 'oft' and both have a degree of redundancy. All three are correct so it's just personal taste for those.

'Irregardless' is just plain silly and probably used only by pretentious numpties.

One of your sayings I can't stand is "my bad" - for some reason that one really grips my shit. 

11 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Yup, it's a messed up language for sure, mostly because it's an imbroglio of other languages. Every word in English that ends in "tion" is spelled exactly the same in French for example.

We say 'in hospital' if you are staying there as an in-patient, and 'in the hospital' if you are just visiting, working there, or an out-patient. Do you guys also say 'in the college', or just 'in college'? 

'While' and 'whilst' are slightly different to each other - e.g "I have been using my mobile phone whilst driving for a while now" - the whilst infers a certain duality of action.

'Often' and 'oftentimes' are both a variation of 'oft' and both have a degree of redundancy. All three are correct so it's just personal taste for those.

'Irregardless' is just plain silly and probably used only by pretentious numpties.

One of your sayings I can't stand is "my bad" - for some reason that one really grips my shit. 

@EnglishCop your services are no longer needed and i'm afraid we have to let you go.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

@EnglishCop your services are no longer needed and i'm afraid we have to let you go.

I suggest a job-sharing arrangement: I'll tackle the language and entrust @EnglishCop to continue his excellent work addressing the grammar. Between us there may be some hope of delaying the seemingly inevitable decline of English into post-millennial text speak.