• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

You can't sue an individual for libel; you can sue a publisher for libel only if you're not a public figure (Keith Law is a public figure). Keith Law could sue Nick Francona for defamation, but even then he'd likely have to prove that Francona purposely and maliciously lied. 

aren't libel and slander just the two subsets of defamation? written vs. oral.

suing for libel is still suing for defamation in california, as i understand it.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's doubled down on Law being a known POS in other tweets. I don't think he's full of it, he has a history of being super forthright and talking up the importance of leadership and doing the right thing.

just to be clear, i'm not expressing an opinion on francona. he may be fully in the right. i'm just saying you go that hard on somebody in public, that's likely to have repercussions. 

4 minutes ago, ukyah said:

just to be clear, i'm not expressing an opinion on francona. he may be fully in the right. i'm just saying you go that hard on somebody in public, that's likely to have repercussions. 

I wasn't dinging you any, just saying that whatever the repercussions might be, Francona isn't backing off of his comments.  This seems to be a situation he feels strongly about.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I wasn't dinging you any, just saying that whatever the repercussions might be, Francona isn't backing off of his comments.  This seems to be a situation he feels strongly about.

i get it. i was just clarifying in general. nick francona has been going pretty hard lately. so i'd definitely agree that he feels pretty strongly about it. i'm just saying he needs to be sure his emotions aren't writing checks that his ass can't cash. he's throwing some heavy shade at people. more power to the man if it's justified and i applaud him, if it is.

• 2 weeks later...

It has been pretty quiet lately. No new allegations, no side stories of people on the peripherals giving out close to the minds interviews. It seems MLB wants it to completely lose its story appeal before they make any move. It doesn't matter, once they go publuc with a decision there will be a shitstorm of talking heads that will be second guessing the outcome. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I feel like this situation is having a legitimate effect on the pitching staff.

Not significant, but definitely an impact.

I think bad defense has had more of an impact on the pitching than anything else...And Wise has been working with these guys since close to the beginning of the year, so it's not like there was some mid-stream change.  Also, the pitching was terrible last year, so what impact did Callaway have then? 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think bad defense has had more of an impact on the pitching than anything else...And Wise has been working with these guys since close to the beginning of the year, so it's not like there was some mid-stream change.  Also, the pitching was terrible last year, so what impact did Callaway have then? 

I didn't say it was the only thing impacting the pitching staff. Just a piece of it.

And we have a completely different staff now, so last year is irrelevant.

Maybe Wise is better? Idk. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I didn't say it was the only thing impacting the pitching staff. Just a piece of it.

And we have a completely different staff now, so last year is irrelevant.

Maybe Wise is better? Idk. 

My point regarding last year was that clearly the legendary Callaway didn't do much to improve the staff's performance.   I'm suggesting that perhaps his reputation isn't quite deserved--and that on the flipside, there's no real evidence that Wise's impact has been negative.  I just don't think it matters a whole lot in terms of the staff's overall performance.  I just want some resolution to the investigation one way or the other, as it's just absurd to have taken this long.