• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Mickey Callaway, placed on MLB Ineligible List through 2022

rafibomb

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

And it’s not like Francona doesn’t have his past peccadillos.   Red Sux beer and chicken storyline in 2011, anyone?  Where they collapsed in September, and lost a big WC lead.

GIF PROJECT – Alejandra Giraldo

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

As I stated before, this isn't even in the Angels hands at this point. Posters that are upset he hasn't been fired yet don't appear to understand this. 

He's assumed innocent of these charges until proven guilty. Given the mounting evidence, it appears there is enough to justify termination at the conclusion of the investigation but we simply don't know that.

Judging by the fact that the investigation wasn't open and shut, I think people may need to come to terms with the fact that not all of this is as it appears. You're reaching conclusions based on information that is presented in a specific manner that is meant to outrage you as the reader. It's like watching CNN to get an accurate picture of what Americans are like. 

Wait until the investigation is finished. For all we know, this may be wise than anything we've seen and it turns into a criminal investigation. Or on the flip side, it is possible that Callaway is telling the truth. I know that's appalling to those of you reacting emotionally to all of this, but it remains within the range of outcomes. 

Chances are, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Callaway is a dirtbag that cheated on his wife, but none of the offenses come with enough concrete evidence to terminate his contract with the Angels. So this investigation will draw on, and at the conclusion of it, the Angels will either send him through some sort of rehab process, fire him on the spot, pay him a severance package to simply go away, or place him in admin leave until the contract is up and then let him go. At any rate, he won't be a pitching coach for the Angels for a very long time, if ever. 

Just let it play out. 

I thought this kind of rational thinking was prohibited on here. 

16 hours ago, Taylor said:

Several women have already stated the contact was not consensual, which is the very definition of non-consensual. It's not a difficult concept to understand.

I really don't think a wrongful termination lawsuit would hold up in this case.

I’ll try to say this again in a different way, but for men above 50 y/o the rules around  how to treat women have gone through an amazing evolution.  Seriously.  It’s not as  well defined for previous generations.  Calloway is clearly a dick.  But don’t forget he maybe grew up with rotary phones, smoking lounges on airplanes and chicks burning bras.  We are a PRODUCT of our times.

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

And it’s not like Francona doesn’t have his past peccadillos.   Red Sux beer and chicken storyline in 2011, anyone?  Where they collapsed in September, and lost a big WC lead.

Did they win many games?

48 minutes ago, Revad said:

I’ll try to say this again in a different way, but for men above 50 y/o the rules around  how to treat women have gone through an amazing evolution.  Seriously.  It’s not as  well defined for previous generations.  Calloway is clearly a dick.  But don’t forget he maybe grew up with rotary phones, smoking lounges on airplanes and chicks burning bras.  We are a PRODUCT of our times.

Oh for Pete's sake, Callaway is 45 years old.  He was 25 years old when the last plane allowed smoking.  He grew up not knowing anything about how to take a dick pick, but somehow he learned.  Quit making excuses for bad behavior.  Adapt or die lose your job.

4 hours ago, Revad said:

Did they win many games?

I'm over 50 and what you wrote is total bullshit.  You do not know what you are talking about regarding men over 50.  As @jsnpritchett indicated, the issue centers around power.

You might be a product of your times, but I am the product of my upbringing, difficult life lessons, difficult life choices and the people I choose to associate with.

Product of the times--BWAHAHAHA

9 minutes ago, Biergott said:

office space o face GIF

sounds like there might’ve been an O face or two though 

Yeah, its hard to think there is a better advertisement for the Callaway "brand" than the cuck husband complaining to two different franchises about how Mickey is banging his wife.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:40 AM, eligrba said:

I'm over 50 and what you wrote is total bullshit.  You do not know what you are talking about regarding men over 50.  As @jsnpritchett indicated, the issue centers around power.

You might be a product of your times, but I am the product of my upbringing, difficult life lessons, difficult life choices and the people I choose to associate with.

Product of the times--BWAHAHAHA

Trying to see things in different ways is not necessarily making excuses.  What you just said to me, for example, I find offensive.  Very.

43 minutes ago, cals said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that some of your wives read AW and you are doing your best to make sure you aren’t sleeping on the couch tonight.  There really is no other explanation.

Perhaps some of us are just decent human beings who recognize that there's a real,  widespread problem with this type of behavior (in the world in general, not just baseball or sports specifically), and we'd like to see a change.  Is that hard to believe? 

I'm not "virtue signaling" (or any other dismissive term someone might use). I legitimately do not care if individuals here like me or hate me, since I've never met any of you in person and never will.  I've written the things I've written because I believe them.  

59 minutes ago, cals said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that some of your wives read AW and you are doing your best to make sure you aren’t sleeping on the couch tonight.  There really is no other explanation.

I am 99% sure you are trolling (poorly), but in the 1% chance I am wrong, tell us:  To what specific posts do you object?