• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spend the Remaining Money

Stradling

1 minute ago, floplag said:

If Perry could pull that off for 33, he would be automatic exec of the year.
And i would be all for it.

Even if he pulled that off, I feel like Preller is probably exec of the year with the deals he has pulled off.  Minasian, though, could be second-place 😉

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Trade Canning and a guy like Paris for Gray ($11 million).  I would then trade Heaney for prospects and to free up $6 million.  Then I would sign Hand, for $7 million. I would sign Petit, $4 million.  I would sign Walker for $8 million a year for 2 years, and then I would sign Profar for $6 million.  

What would you do.  

None of that nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

None of that nonsense. 

Why?  I like Canning, but we really have to put this team in a position to win now.  Gray helps, the pen would be very solid with the additions of Petit and Hand to go along with Iglesias and Mayer.  Profar can play all over the field and had a really good season last year.  We get Walker that way we at least have 2 starters for next year.  And Heaney is a free agent after this year. So if you have an idea, please share it.  In that entire scenario we lose out on 3 years of Canning.  

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why?  I like Canning, but we really have to put this team in a position to win now.  Gray helps, the pen would be very solid with the additions of Petit and Hand to go along with Iglesias and Mayer.  Profar can play all over the field and had a really good season last year.  We get Walker that way we at least have 2 starters for next year.  And Heaney is a free agent after this year. So if you have an idea, please share it.  In that entire scenario we lose out on 3 years of Canning.  

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/taijuan-walker-talks-pitching/

Walker is intriguing 

I feel like there’s a real chance his best are ahead of him

Sign bauer.

Hes not cole. Cole was "the one", and it still sucks we didnt get him. But bauer is still a stud. And its been years since we had one. We need one. We need a pitcher that can be expected to win every start. Its been way too long since we had that.

If we dont get him, sign realmuto. Just for the thread arguments. 

What else is there to say.  Everyone knows they need to get Bauer.  They are in a good position and should do it.  What are there ? Maybe 3 teams that might get him ? Cough up the money for an ace or don’t.  That’s it.  Next year it’s Snydergaard.  He’s going to get a huge deal as well.  Probably a more difficult bidding environment.  What the point in waiting?  If Arte wants a ring he’s got to pay for a top of the rotation arm.  That’s it.  One isn’t coming internally.  At least not without running the risk that you lose the best years you have left with Trout and Rendon.  What if you can’t fill all these one year holes you have coming up next year ? Now truly is the time for this. 

im very tired of this bullshit.  Let’s not suck anymore Arturo. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Plan A:

Trevor Bauer- 6/$180M. 25/30/32.5/32.5/30/30.

Carl Edwards Jr- 1/$1.5M

Tyler Clippard- 1/$2M.

Tyler Naquin- 1/$1.5M

Trevor Rosenthal- 2/$13M.

Justin Wilson- 2/$10.6M.

Joc Pederson- 2/$20M.

Garrett Richards- 2/$16M.

(The contracts for the last 4 players were based on FanGraphs' crowdsource projections)

If Gray could be acquired without giving up Marsh, Adell or Canning, I would deal for him. That’s $11 mil.

I would sign a good pen piece, like Trevor Rosenthal - that’s probably $9 mil. 

I would sign an outfielder, probably Pederson - that’s another $8 mil or so. 

I definitely think the team needs Bauer, but if the three guys mentioned above performed to their abilities, the three of them would make for a better team than Bauer alone (with much less in future payroll commitments). 

It’s weird that even though Adell and Marsh have significant more trade vale than Chris Rodriguez and Detmers or even Kochblahblah (I don’t know his last name), I’m more reluctant to give up the arms.  Canning I’m more willing to consider because even though he makes it through seasons it feels as though he more susceptible to injury. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s weird that even though Adell and Marsh have significant more trade vale than Chris Rodriguez and Detmers or even Kochblahblah (I don’t know his last name), I’m more reluctant to give up the arms.  Canning I’m more willing to consider because even though he makes it through seasons it feels as though he more susceptible to injury. 

From what I have read about Rodriguez, he would be almost totally untouchable to me. And this team has at least three pitchers who will be free agents after this year, so Detmers should be untouchable as well. 

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

From what I have read about Rodriguez, he would be almost totally untouchable to me. And this team has at least three pitchers who will be free agents after this year, so Detmers should be untouchable as well. 

Precisely why i dont really like ANY of the trades proposed. 

10 hours ago, Hubs said:

Why Friday? Makes no sense when you could’ve claimed him and paid the 10. 

Think teams are finalizing roster and he signs Friday. Market had not developed so many teams not sure what they were going to do. Halos sign 2 bullpen pieces and another starter with remaining 30 mill and maybe OF but at low cost.