• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Spend the Remaining Money

Stradling

So a thought occurred to me.  With Arte now owning the stadium he now owns the revenue that will come in for future events.  Obviously this isn’t the best year to be discussing this, but do you think that added revenue could cause him to expand the payroll?  Or do you think he will look at it separate like his other business entities?  

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So a thought occurred to me.  With Arte now owning the stadium he now owns the revenue that will come in for future events.  Obviously this isn’t the best year to be discussing this, but do you think that added revenue could cause him to expand the payroll?  Or do you think he will look at it separate like his other business entities?  

Good question. 

I don't think he'll do it this year though, since there's likely to be only a little revenue at best. The uncertainty will likely keep him from expanding payroll until the stadium can actually have fans and events. But even then he may not. He seems pretty firm on what he's willing to spend.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

He should.  Isnt all this about expending the brand?  What good does that do it they are perennial also rans.  Win a title or two that should help the peripheral entities as well i would think. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Or do you think he will look at it separate like his other business entities?  

A tax consultant, a competent attorney and a chief financial officer would probably recommend separate entities.  However, that doesn't mean that the separate entities should not engage in mutually beneficial business ventures.

20 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Get Hand and don’t stop there. Get Rosenthal too. Then sign a cheaper starter and hope the lockdown pen gets you to the same point (95 wins). 

I've been on the ace or bust mindset but I'm starting to be OKN with this. Assemble a shut down pen and Odorizzi. Aces can be acquired by trade during the season.  Castillo and Gray value will go down a bit if Reds are out of it. 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I doubt the debt service for the stadium is allocated under the Angels corp.  Or the separate corp he has for his ownership group.  My guess is that the crew that's part of the ownership group were first in line to be part of the private equity raise to buy the stadium and land.  Very likely under a separate entity.  With operating agreements between the two.  

33 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Brad Hand wants to decide by this weekend. If halos get Hand, Bauer will be out.

Wanna bet? I say the Angels will be in on Bauer for the right price until the end regardless of what happens with Hand.  In either case, I don't see Minasian over-paying for Bauer. 

26 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Wanna bet? I say the Angels will be in on Bauer for the right price until the end regardless of what happens with Hand.  In either case, I don't see Minasian over-paying for Bauer. 

emphasis on for the right price... i suspect that already moot

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Interesting point. I think it's something that may affect the baseball payroll in the long-term, but probably not in the short-term.

4 hours ago, Condor1984 said:

At this point, I'd prefer to see a trade for Castillo or Gray, even if it cost Marsh.

Then some additional BP arms, Rosenthal, Osuna type stuff.

I'd like to see Adam Duvall signed on a short deal, especially if a SP trade takes an OFer. 

The Reds are unlikely to trade Castillo and/or Gray unless as a trade deadline deal.  They can still compete in the weak NL Centraland if they were going to trade those guys, barring significant overpayment, it would have happened already.  Those two  are exactly the type of arms they need, good and cost controlled.  That being said, I dont see them keeping up with MIL for long and the Cubs could end up being second in the division by the trade deadline.  I do expect one or both to be traded but not until then.  I think the Angels will get a pedestrian #3 arm and spend the rest on solidifying RF and the BP until a mid-season trade.