• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels linked to Tomoyuki Sugano, deadline is 1/7 (update: stays in NPB)

mmc

Tomoyuki-Sugano-Mets-free-agency.jpg

Since Passan confirmed the connection in his article, and a decision is expected to be imminent, I figured it was time to start a thread.  Sounds like he is returning to Japan and trying again next year if he doesn't get the offer he wants, which doesn't appear to be happening lately.  If this is the case and all it is coming down to is money, Arte had better the hell be willing to meet his demands, as this would be our easiest path to getting a significant rotation upgrade.  Refusing to do so would be negligent. 

I haven’t read what his contract demands are, but today is the deadline.  If he flew back to Japan, my guess is he won’t be signing a contract.  If the Angels aren’t going to meet his demands, then I am going to assume they feel he is overpriced or they have a good feeling about acquiring someone else.

Sugano and Gray would put the Angels in a great position to move on to other needs.  Total cost about 20m AAV + prospects for Gray.  Still spending room for additional moves.  I get the sense that Cin doesnt really want to deal Castillo without an overpayment due to being cost controlled.  They seem to be dumping salary so Gray should go for a package more closely tied to his actual value.  Gray/1, Sugano/2, Bundy/3, Heany/4, Canning/5 and improved BP should get the job done.

31 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Sugano and Gray would put the Angels in a great position to move on to other needs.  Total cost about 20m AAV + prospects for Gray.  Still spending room for additional moves.  I get the sense that Cin doesnt really want to deal Castillo without an overpayment due to being cost controlled.  They seem to be dumping salary so Gray should go for a package more closely tied to his actual value.  Gray/1, Sugano/2, Bundy/3, Heany/4, Canning/5 and improved BP should get the job done.

I agree.

I’d be pretty happy just to get Gray.  It’s so doable and could work out well, at least I can pretend he’s an ace and he’s a good #2 in most rotations.  I’m not saying Minasain would do this but what if we extended Bundy and Heaney giving some cost certain to both sides but hopefully at reasonable price.  In the process of doing that take a couple million off their contracts for this year.  So for Heaney $6.5 this year which a steal see if there’s a good middle ground on a three year deal.  Say to both Heaney and Bundy- there’s uncertain times ahead but we’d like you to stick around and at least we’d like to talk about it.

Ok maybe this is kind of a fantasy but I’d be asking Calloway and what’s looks like some bery good baseball people around Minasian what it would be worth to start a pitching staff with those two but get Gray.  Having Gray, Bundy and Heany for three years would leave time for prospects to develop.

Edited by Revad

10 minutes ago, floplag said:

Interesting, yeah i havent seen his demands anywhere either like most but it cant be that exuberant, can it?   Is he worth more than Ohtani got, i would think not. 

Ummm... Ohtani is making the minimum