• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels announce Perry Minasian as their next general manager

rafibomb

The thing I'm happiest about as far as getting a new GM is that he won't be as attached to the Eppler prospects as he didn't acquire them.  I'm not saying I want to or think he will trade the entire farm, but he'll be more inclined to trade certain prospects for pitchers than Eppler was.

8 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Congrats and excited for the new GM. I don't know much about him but he has a clean slate. Hoping he produces a winning ball club here and we can finally start winning the division again and getting into the playoffs. High expectations. 

For all the hand-wringing that we were either going to hire someone directly tied to Maddon (McLeod) or someone Arte knew well from before (Holland), it's cool to see we went outside the organization and hired someone with no ties to, well, anyone currently with our team.

With a lot of our budget already tied to significant contracts, it'll be up to Minasian to figure out ways to draft + develop and find value on the market.  Given that he worked for two organizations that don't have big budgets (TOR, ATL) - I would say he is well-positioned to utilize the principles he has learned to find talent.

I like the first move he made (signing Wong) as a low-risk deal that could potentially fill a need for us.  There is a ton of work to do, but I have high hopes for him.