• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

They would be wise to consider it. Especially with so many FA options out there. Plus there is no guarantee he won’t regress to his career norms. He had some really good starts but also got killed by AZ, SF, and 1 game in Oakland. Also keep in mind that he never pitched against any east coast teams or in their stadiums. 

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Sounds like Passan and I are talking to some of the same people. 

I don't see Sugano going back to Japan. 

But if you want to makes mandingo l meaningless connection, Sugano has stayed in Southern California the entire time. 

I don't want to do that.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Problem is, not only do the Angels need to acquire two SPs at or above Bundy's level, they also need to find a team that would be willing to do a trade of a (at least) Top 100 SP prospect that's MLB-ready for Bundy. Perhaps a team that gets skunked in FA, such as Tampa, Toronto, Dodgers, or Twins. 

Dane Dunning is coming off of TJS so maybe another starter with injury issues. Lamet or someone in the same boat? Could also be for a catcher. 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

The Angels aren't trading Bundy.  

It’s not so much that I think the Angels would trade Bundy, just that in some highly specific scenarios I could see teams inquiring, and depending on where the Angels offseason had gone, they could listen.

In the context of win now for Trout, 100% no doubt Bundy stays on this team as is, and likely regardless of any other moves.

In a broader baseball sense, he’d be worth discussing. It would take a lot to get to that being relevant here. 

Bundy is worth less than Lynn. He has exactly one good year, and was already showing signs of regression at times. Lynn actually has a record of pitching well over multiple seasons, not just a short season. While I get the concern over 2/5 of the rotation being FA at season's end, I just don't see Bundy havIng more value to anyone else than he does to us. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I don't see Sugano going back to Japan. 

Maybe the rumors of him going back to Japan are just to try and create leverage, but I could easily see him going back to Japan. The four-year deal he has reportedly been offered in Japan would allow him to opt out after any season of his contract. The financial landscape in MLB figures to be much better after the 2021 or 2022 season.

say the angels have 30 million.

i wouldn't mind seeing sugano, sonny gray trade, archie bradley, yasiel puig, and catcher. maybe that's over thirty and bradley isn't attainable, so we could go more affordable rp, but i like those additions.

i know everybody hates puig, but i don't, and i think he really lengthens our lineup with a better than average bat and a better than average RF. i don't know anything about the domestic violence charge. so, i have no comment on it's potential to derail his season.

all in all, i think that's a very realistic offseason from this point without asking arte to do anything unlikely with the payroll.

i hate the idea of trading fletcher.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

say the angels have 30 million.

i wouldn't mind seeing sugano, sonny gray trade, archie bradley, yasiel puig, and catcher. maybe that's over thirty and bradley isn't attainable, so we could go more affordable rp, but i like those additions.

i know everybody hates puig, but i don't, and i think he really lengthens our lineup with a better than average bat and a better than average RF. i don't know anything about the domestic violence charge. so, i have no comment on it's potential to derail his season.

all in all, i think that's a very realistic offseason from this point without asking arte to do anything unlikely with the payroll.

i hate the idea of trading fletcher.

There is 0 chance this team touches Puig after his lawsuit for sexual assault.

3 minutes ago, mmc said:

There is 0 chance this team touches Puig after his lawsuit for sexual assault.

like i said, i don't know jack about that or it's seriousness. lawsuit, to me, means less serious than criminal charges. just my superficial reaction to that.

also, i'm not commenting on the angels pursuit. i'm just saying that's an offseason i'd be happy with as a fan, that seems realistic in dollars, etc.

1 hour ago, Trendon said:

Maybe the rumors of him going back to Japan are just to try and create leverage, but I could easily see him going back to Japan. The four-year deal he has reportedly been offered in Japan would allow him to opt out after any season of his contract. The financial landscape in MLB figures to be much better after the 2021 or 2022 season.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just have a hard time picturing the FA climate being more favorable to a 32 year old with high miles on his arm than a 31 year old. I think it's also making an assumption that owners will be more willing to spend, and early reports on the vaccine and a different strand of the virus aren't the most promising.

Him returning to Japan for a greater contract next year would be banking on him not only performing at an elite level again, not getting injured and the world in general improving.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Why are we talking about trading Bundy? Good lord.

We need pitching, so yeah let's trade our best starter currently.

I swear to god this forum is giving me Covid.

Relax. I love you buddy, but you need to get laid.