• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

5 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Yeah, not even Tony Reagins would consider something like this.

image.png

this tool really needs to be weighted against actual trades that are made this year to see if it has any real world application. it would be cool if it did, because it really helps to define value, especially when contracts are a factor. having said that, it's funny to me to see this thread where people are laughing at the ridiculousness of the "trade" from both sides of the aisle.

18 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Would giving them Upton make taking Heyward possible? (Yes I know Upton has a no trade)

Mike Lowery:
Ok look, we're a partnership, but we're a partnership with boundaries. We got a new rule. From now on you can't say the word flaccid to me. This is our little “boundary box”. We're gonna take the word flaccid and put it in there with my mom's titties and your erection problem and we gonna close this box and we gonna throw this bitch in the ocean. And the only way that you can get to this box is you gotta be motherf***in' Jacques Cousteau.

Upton is in the boundary box.  

21 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Mike Lowery:
Ok look, we're a partnership, but we're a partnership with boundaries. We got a new rule. From now on you can't say the word flaccid to me. This is our little “boundary box”. We're gonna take the word flaccid and put it in there with my mom's titties and your erection problem and we gonna close this box and we gonna throw this bitch in the ocean. And the only way that you can get to this box is you gotta be motherf***in' Jacques Cousteau.

We ride together, we die together. 

43 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Mike Lowery:

Normally I also disdain the "let's trade the worst contract we have" suggestions. However Heyward could easily be argued a worse contract. If Cubs are in full re-build I think they'd take Upton to get prospects and unload Heyward. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Especially if taking on Heyward’s entire salary through 2023?

No way unless they pay it down $10 million a year.  Meanwhile why not let right field develop.  One reason I like Trout and Rendon is they give space to let position players break in.  I hope Pujols has a great year but by 2022 there’s space for a new DH.  And I think the lineup is good without it.

57 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Normally I also disdain the "let's trade the worst contract we have" suggestions. However Heyward could easily be argued a worse contract. If Cubs are in full re-build I think they'd take Upton to get prospects and unload Heyward. 

Missing the point. Upton cannot be moved unless he wishes to be. He's almost certain to reject a trade unless it's to a clear contender (who wouldn't be likely to want him).

Upton is here. That isn't changing. We need to stop discussing this. 

6 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Missing the point. Upton cannot be moved unless he wishes to be. He's almost certain to reject a trade unless it's to a clear contender (who wouldn't be likely to want him).

But...

35 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Hamilton was traded

Wells was traded (twice!) 

Best case scenario would be Upton going where he left off. 

26 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Hamilton was traded

Wells was traded (twice!) 

Best case scenario would be Upton going where he left off. 

Different situations. Hamilton had made himself unwelcome here. Wells had been relegated to a benchwarmer. Both obviously needed a new team to have any chance at playing time. That is not the case here. 

There is a near zero chance Upton gets traded.

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Different situations. Hamilton had made himself unwelcome here. Wells had been relegated to a benchwarmer. Both obviously needed a new team to have any chance at playing time. That is not the case here. 

There is a near zero chance Upton gets traded.

But...

4 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Basically a team close to where his daughter is, would be the only possible destinations.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Come on Arte, you can suck it up on budget for two years.

It’s long past time to bring in a REAL FA starting pitcher, NOT washed ups like Harvey, Cahill, or Blanton.

Arte isn’t here. He doesn’t read the message board. He doesn’t see anything you post.

You're welcome.