• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Insider information pops up every off-season. Piodeportes was never a trusted source before. Most people laughed at them. Whoever this DOM account is, they aren't breaking anything, they're making books claims right now because they see the writing on the wall with the Cubs and know there is less than a month left in the off-season. 

Bryant was always a likely trade candidate. Popping out of the woodwork now doesn't give them insider info. It's just means they're an educated fan willing to pretend someone told them something.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Insider information pops up every off-season. Piodeportes was never a trusted source before. Most people laughed at them. Whoever this DOM account is, they aren't breaking anything, they're making books claims right now because they see the writing on the wall with the Cubs and know there is less than a month left in the off-season. 

Bryant was always a likely trade candidate. Popping out of the woodwork now doesn't give them insider info. It's just means they're an educated fan willing to pretend someone told them something.

Asian Jealousy GIF

i think these twitter handles have some inside knowledge based on their job.

my cousin used to be one of the department heads of payroll for the padres, and we would talk about trades being discussed that were never completed because they would send him over the financials of player salaries, etc.

nowadays, anybody who has a job that pertains to the behind the scenes moving parts could have a secret twitter handle quite easily, or i could as my story pointed out. i could've dropped some hot takes, and i would have looked like i was wrong sometimes just because the trade wasn't finalized.

there are significant moving parts to a sports trade, and i know for a fact that the players being swapped is a significantly smaller part of the deciding factors than fans are aware, which is why fans are often upset at the perceived imbalance of trades.

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

Pio Deportes is no Central Maine Sports Blog.

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

i think these twitter handles have some inside knowledge based on their job.

my cousin used to be one of the department heads of payroll for the padres, and we would talk about trades being discussed that were never completed because they would send him over the financials of player salaries, etc.

nowadays, anybody who has a job that pertains to the behind the scenes moving parts could have a secret twitter handle quite easily, or i could as my story pointed out. i could've dropped some hot takes, and i would have looked like i was wrong sometimes just because the trade wasn't finalized.

there are significant moving parts to a sports trade, and i know for a fact that the players being swapped is a significantly smaller part of the deciding factors than fans are aware, which is why fans are often upset at the perceived imbalance of trades.

I know several people that used to work in the Angels front office, and still work with other organizations, either in scouting, analytics or even finance. Not a single one of them maintains a Twitter account, and there's no upside to them breaking a story about their own organization, or leaking into to the press. 

The really good guys, Passan and Rosenthal, have connections across the board and have not reached the point where they don't report a lot of what they hear because it's irresponsible journalism. Their connections are either GM's themselves, or agents. They don't bother with trusting the kid in the video basement, so to speak, anymore. They've moved past that. They have ethics. Heyman doesn't. No one likes that dude.

Another good up and comer is Chris Cotillo. 

When Rosenthal reported the Angels and Contreras connections, it's highly likely because it's true. There probably have been ongoing discussions.

But this DOM account, let's pretend he does have insider information for a moment. If it's leaked, how long do you think his contact will be able to remain anonymous and continue to feed him information? 

I really wouldn't take him seriously.

1 minute ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Let's imagine the 11/320 rumor for Tatis is true. Sample contract.

2021 PreArb - $1 million

2022 Arb1 - $8 million

2023 Arb2 - $16 million

2024 Arb3 - $25 million

2025 FA1 - $35 million

2026 FA2 - $35 million

2027-31 - $40 million

2032 free agency at age 33

Wouldn't be surprised to see an opt out as well. Perhaps 2027 at age 28 after two FA years.

11 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see an opt out as well. Perhaps 2027 at age 28 after two FA years.

Would that that remove any incentive SD has to extend him at all? The whole point is they're paying extra for the early years in order to secure him through his prime. Opt outs really don't make sense where the majority of the long term contract is covering team-controlled seasons.