• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 minute ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

So Tanaka released a tweet on tweeter, that basically said the info about him either signing with the Shanks or leaving to Japan is false.

The article I posted says nothing about only the Yankees or Japan, just that he would consider going back to Japan

Sugano's deadline is approaching. my dream scenario would be:

Mets sign Sugano around 10-12 mil per year.

Sign Springer for 25 mil per year. 

Than sign a reliever (5-10 mil) 

which should remove them from Targeting Bauer 

Than the Jay's sign 

LeMahieu: 16 mil per year

Brantely: 14 mil

hopefully limits how much they will be able to spend on Bauer.

Dodgers 

Turner and a reliever.

that leaves a direct path for us in signing Bauer for 25 mil per year.

or

We sign Sugano 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Sugano's deadline is approaching. my dream scenario would be:

Mets sign Sugano around 10-12 mil per year.

Sign Springer for 25 mil per year. 

Than sign a reliever (5-10 mil) 

which should remove them from Targeting Bauer 

Than the Jays sign 

LeMahieu: 16 mil per year

Brantely: 14 mil

hopefully limits how much they will be able to spend on Bauer.

Dodgers 

Turner and a reliever.

that leaves a direct path for us in signing Bauer for 25 mil per year.

or

We sign Sugano 

Then.

I hope the Angels are in on Sugano, but like I've said before, I'm not sure that they are (for whatever reason).

Still, hopefully Sugano's decision that will come within the next few days will help get the rest of the starting pitching market moving.

56 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I hope the Angels are in on Sugano, but like I've said before, I'm not sure that they are (for whatever reason).

Still, hopefully Sugano's decision that will come within the next few days will help get the rest of the starting pitching market moving.

I've seen absolutely nothing linking Sugano to the Angels. @Jeff FletcherDo you think it's possible they're in on him despite no reports of that? 

The Angels need to be in on every top tier pitcher. I'd hate to be disappointed, but Sugano is a top tier pitcher, the Angels need pitching and have money to spend and are a West coast team with an existent Japanese fan base already in place.

Barring health, I see no reason why Sugano and the Angels aren't a perfect match.

8 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I've seen absolutely nothing linking Sugano to the Angels. @Jeff FletcherDo you think it's possible they're in on him despite no reports of that? 

I think this winter, all of you (and me) are going to have to just accept that it’s really unlikely to get a lot of accurate reports on what the Angels are doing before they do it. 

They have a new front office so they aren’t leaking. 

Based on what Minasian has said, I believe they are involved with all of the pitchers you’d guess. So we just have to wait to see which ones they get. 

That's promising, that the Mets are out. One less big market team to drive up the bidding. Apparently it won't be the Blue Jays either. 

If he's going to a large market team, that leaves Angels, Dodgers, SF, Seattle, Boston, Yankees, Nationals and Phillies. You can probably eliminate Yankees, Nationals and Phillies because their money figures to be limited by the luxury or allocated elsewhere. 

So Angels, Dodgers, Giants, Mariners and Red Sox are probably a safe bet to be among the top 5. 

Just now, wopphil said:

I say Mariners or Giants. But it would be fantastic if we could get him for the price of a Snell or Gray ($12-13 mil per year). 

That's pretty much where I'm at too. I think SF and Seattle are probably the favorites. But I really feel like Sugano needs to be as high of a priority for the Angels as someone like Jake Odorizzi.