• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Angels (5.52 ERA/4.78 FIP, 8.68 K/9, 3.52 BB/9):

• Over two months into the offseason, Angels fans are surely awaiting the acquisition of a high-profile starter. The team hasn’t done anything to improve its rotation thus far, though the group isn’t devoid of potential as it is. Dylan Bundy enjoyed a long-awaited breakout in 2020 – his first year as an Angel – Andrew Heaney stayed healthy and performed pretty well, and Griffin Canning had a promising sophomore season. Those three are locks for starting jobs in 2021, but the rest is up in the air (will Shohei Ohtani finally regain his health as a pitcher? Will Jaime Barria stick in the rotation after a bounce-back season?). With that in mind, odds are the Angels will add a starter before next season, whether that means splurging on Trevor Bauer or shopping at lower tiers of the market.

There were rumors around the time Ohtani signed that he didn't want to be on a team with another Japanese player.

I don't know how true those rumors are, but the Angels haven't signed another Japanese player since Ohtani. So until they sign another Japanese player while Ohtani is on the team, I'm not going to expect the Angels to be heavily involved in the market for a Japanese player.

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

There were rumors around the time Ohtani signed that he didn't want to be on a team with another Japanese player.

I don't know how true those rumors are, but the Angels haven't signed another Japanese player since Ohtani. So until they sign another Japanese player while Ohtani is on the team, I'm not going to expect the Angels to be heavily involved in the market for a Japanese player.

Well.... Ohtani is already on the Angels so tough shit for him if he complains about us getting another. 

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Junichi Tazawa was on the roster in Ohtani's rookie season. I'm guessing there's very little truth to that.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

Ohtani has no standing to make such a request at this point in his career. I would guess it is not an issue. He currently plays for a team needing pitchers, partly due to him.

2 hours ago, Trendon said:

my money says there's absolutely no substance to those claims. firstly, he doesn't strike me as a primadonna. secondly, that's about the least japanese thing i can think of. 

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

my money says there's absolutely no substance to those claims. firstly, he doesn't strike me as a primadonna. secondly, that's about the least japanese thing i can think of. 

Money Talks: Managing expectations

17 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'm pretty sure Shohei Ohtani wants to be healthy, win baseball games, have some fun and otherwise be left alone.

Japanese, or Ian Kinsler, doesn't matter. What matters is him performing, and the Angels winning. 

image.jpeg

Today is the deadline for Haruki Nishikawa to sign.  He'd be a nice addition to the team for his glove alone and should be relatively cheap to sign.  No report of us (or any team really) being on him but I'd be all for it.

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Today is the deadline for Haruki Nishikawa to sign.  He'd be a nice addition to the team for his glove alone and should be relatively cheap to sign.  No report of us (or any team really) being on him but I'd be all for it.

supposedly the teams reported are astros, jays, cardinals, and dbacks. i wouldn't be surprised to see him stay in japan, but he only made 2 million american last year so it wouldn't be difficult to sign him.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

Nishikawa will not reach an agreement with an MLB club before this afternoon’s 4:00 pm CST deadline, per a report from Yahoo! Japan (link in Japanese). He’ll instead return to the Fighters for a tenth season in 2021.

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

supposedly the teams reported are astros, jays, cardinals, and dbacks. i wouldn't be surprised to see him stay in japan, but he only made 2 million american last year so it wouldn't be difficult to sign him.

私は話しました
Watashi wa hanashimashita