• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

ben carson t GIF

If anyone thinks that every player and every agent runs their negotiations the same way.. well, lol.

That's particularly true when you're talking about a very unknown entity in Rachel Luba. Bauer himself is a very dynamic, different thinking individual. He doesn't seem to be a bad person, his teammates seem to like him.

His comments in free agency seem to set him apart from his peers in his approach to it. Luba herself is pretty new to the game and so far doesn't appear to behave in the same mold as other agents that remain silent or strictly professional. 

Her and Bauer and an entertaining pair for sure. It wouldn't surprise me if their approach to this off-season was different and made other teams need to change their pursuit of him.

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Well fuck Tanaka, we'd didn't want him here either. 

Well if they were going all in on this year, I would have taken Tanaka as the 2nd arm.  Sign him and Bauer, hold on to all of the prospects and then if a need arises during the season you go fill that need with the prospects you kept.

feels like last year where the chairs in the game of musical chairs slowly dwindled away to the angels falling on their asses. i feel the exact same way this year as i did list, in that i'd like to see the angels grab one solid pitcher like an odorizzi or sugano that should be reasonably priced, then continue to pursue the other targets. if they get left out at that point, at least it won't be a total misfire.

The more I watch him, the more I realize that barring a lack of health, the Angels have EVERY reason to be the top bidder for Sugano. 

West Coast team, Japanese presence, contender, money to spend, a distinct need for upside pitching, and he's one of the most accomplished pitchers to ever come over from Japan. 

I'll be disappointed if the Angels don't win his services.

In fact, I've also convinced myself that outside of a reunion in St. Louis, Yadi Molina will finish his career in an Angels uniform.

Edited by Second Base

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The more I watch him, the more I realize that barring a lack of health, the Angels have EVERY reason to be the top bidder for Sugano. 

West Coast team, Japanese presence, contender, money to spend, a distinct need for upside pitching, and he's one of the most accomplished pitchers to ever come over from Japan. 

I'll be disappointed if the Angels don't win his services.

In fact, I've also convinced myself that outside of a reunion in St. Louis, Yadi Molina will finish his career in an Angels uniform.

Except the same arguments could be made for Seattle 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except the same arguments could be made for Seattle 

I mean this is true. I haven't heard anything about the Angels being tied to Sugano, but of course that doesn't mean anything. 

He makes sense. He won't be expensive and still allows us to be competitive on Bauer. Best case scenario IMO. Keep all our prospects and significantly improve the rotation. 

I see Sugano as basically Asian Odorizzi, but with a little upside. And he'll likely cost less.

We'll see. 

46 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean this is true. I haven't heard anything about the Angels being tied to Sugano, but of course that doesn't mean anything. 

He makes sense. He won't be expensive and still allows us to be competitive on Bauer. Best case scenario IMO. Keep all our prospects and significantly improve the rotation. 

I see Sugano as basically Asian Odorizzi, but with a little upside. And he'll likely cost less.

We'll see. 

I’d be happy with Sugano from what I’ve read. 

12 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Odorizzi, Sugano, Musgrove, S. Gray, etc

These are all great options for the 2 slot. I'd be happy with any one of them. 

Bauer and Castillo are the only 1 type pitchers left that I'm aware of. We need one. 

Marquez is another type 1 but both he and Castillo will cost almost the entire farm. They’re not getting traded for anything short of Adell, Marsh and Detmers and even that probably isn’t enough. 

4 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Marquez is another type 1 but both he and Castillo will cost almost the entire farm. They’re not getting traded for anything short of Adell, Marsh and Detmers and even that probably isn’t enough. 

For sure Marquez as well. 

J gray is a guy I wouldn't want that I see mentioned.