• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

If below market for Bauer were actually a thing, so many teams would be in the market for him that Bauer would no longer be below market. 

Econ 101.

Seriously though, Angels, White Sox, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Marlins, Dodgers, Giants and Padres are all possibilities. Some are more remote than others, but that's enough competition to prevent getting away with below market.

The Angels are the best fit. They were also the best fit for Cole, and weren't even among the teams be anyone considered to be in on Rendon. 

I still think Bauer goes to the Dodgers. He didn't mesh well with Callaway, wants data driven, wants a winner, wants the opportunity to pitch in short rest frequently. I just don't think the Angels check enough boxes, outside of money.

59 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If below market for Bauer were actually a thing, so many teams would be in the market for him that Bauer would no longer be below market. 

Econ 101.

Seriously though, Angels, White Sox, Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Marlins, Dodgers, Giants and Padres are all possibilities. Some are more remote than others, but that's enough competition to prevent getting away with below market.

The Angels are the best fit. They were also the best fit for Cole, and weren't even among the teams be anyone considered to be in on Rendon. 

I still think Bauer goes to the Dodgers. He didn't mesh well with Callaway, wants data driven, wants a winner, wants the opportunity to pitch in short rest frequently. I just don't think the Angels check enough boxes, outside of money.

I agree that the Dodgers check a lot of boxes for Bauer as a preferred destination but Bauer at his likely price is a huge risk and the Dodgers are too smart of an organization and don't need to be taking that big of a risk. But, if they do feel the need to go after Bauer they will definitely be higher on his priority list than us.

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Econ 101.

Good point. 

But with teams (Cubs being a big example) shedding payroll I wonder if they even see "below market value" as too much to spend.

Bauer will still get $25M+ so even then some teams would probably take a step back. 
MLB still doesn't know what 2021 is going to look like which means owners, that worry about cutting a little $, would still likely hesitate on a $25M+/yr contract. 

Enter Arte. An owner who has basically told everyone payroll won't go down. If Arte plays it smart, he could be a big winner this offseason.

10 minutes ago, eligrba said:

If Bauer really wanted to be with the Angels, I assume the Angels would have already made a deal.  Because nothing has happened, I don't know what the hell is going on.

It's Bauer being Bauer. 

Maybe he's got some stupid marketing strategy to create drama, engage fans, help his brand all before he settles with the teams that have likely said "final offer" hahaha.

The way i see it, is that Bauer hasn't gotten the contract he wants. 

The mets seem to be more focused on Springer than Bauer. 

Teams seem to be focusing on the other pitchers, we've already seen pitchers on the trade market and trades being made. 

Unless Bauer's price drops, i wouldn't be surprised if he waits and only gets 1 yrs deal. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

seems like a good time to remind ourselves that not a single one of us knows how teams, players, and agents negotiate a contract. not a one of us.

*maybe @Inside Pitch does, but the rest of us should just shut up.

ben carson t GIF

If anyone thinks that every player and every agent runs their negotiations the same way.. well, lol.

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

I had a pair of pants like that.....but they didn't look like that on me.

I have those pants but even if I imitate several women from my past putting on pants that are two sizes too small I can’t get them on.  I watched that show.