• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

I'm warming up to the idea of McCann if we can still get one of bauer/snell and one of odorizzi/musgrove/etc along with some more pen help.  

He seems to be a great defensive catcher with good avg and power.  

I also would be fine with aquiring Snell and bauer and going cheap in catcher like ramos or Castro

Edited by Erstad Grit

3 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Bauer is exactly the type of person this team needs in the clubhouse. 

Is he?  I have no idea what he’s like inside his clubhouse.  But I love that it seems like he has helped out other pitchers in the past.  I think he’s a fun dude (gross), but no idea if he rubs team mates the wrong way (also gross).  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Is he?  I have no idea what he’s like inside his clubhouse.  But I love that it seems like he has helped out other pitchers in the past.  I think he’s a fun dude (gross), but no idea if he rubs team mates the wrong way (also gross).  

Sonny Gray even gave Bauer credit for helping him turn things back around. There seems to be a lot of guys who go to Bauer for advice. 

Obviously we have no way of knowing for sure but the fact some of these big named pitchers come to him for advice is very telling imo

The last time the Angels made the playoffs, they used Jonny-Mac as their utility infielder. It's the perfect role if you think about it. 

You use someone with grit, high expectations, high intelligence, and good communication skills that serves as a leader and a glue that holds groups of men together, in a reserve role. 

Grabbing a fiery yet respected veteran to step in, can be an extremely useful tool. David Justice in Moneyball comes to mind.

So if you're looking at impacting the clubhouse, but don't want to break the bank to do it, I think Freddy Galvis would be a decent target. 

Edited by Second Base

I’d like to think Bauer plus one of Snell/Gray, someone ~$10m AAV or less, is doable but who knows.

One reason why Arte might feel comfortable going over for a year or so is because adding two of that quality not only really improves the rotation, but gives us some controlled, legitimate MLB arms for a couple seasons, since Bundy and Heaney could walk.