• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

4 hours ago, wopphil said:

I like Pederson, but he really fell off a cliff this year. Not sure there is much left in the tank. 

but then he murdered it in the playoffs. i think the regular season was nothing more than the ups and downs that mortal players have.

12 minutes ago, Cosmo_Kramer said:

Gray has two years plus a $12 million team option.

thank you. i like the option year and 12 million is a good price. that definitely moves the needle, in more ways than one if you know what i mean.

8 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/blake-snell-trade-fits-for-the-rays

MLB.com proposes various trades for Snell.  They propose a straight-up Adell for Snell swap.  

The very best off season would probably consist of signing Bauer AND trading for Snell.  It gives us two studs for three years which should be about the time until Trout starts to slow down.  

20 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/blake-snell-trade-fits-for-the-rays

MLB.com proposes various trades for Snell.  They propose a straight-up Adell for Snell swap.  

I'd do that.

TB wouldn't. They'd want one of Kochanowicz or C-Rod as well, I think. That would be tough to swallow (gross).

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd do that.

TB wouldn't. They'd want one of Kochanowicz or C-Rod as well, I think. That would be tough to swallow (gross).

I think I’d do that still. Kochanowicz hasn’t thrown a pro inning I believe, and Rodriguez had a handful over what, the last three years?

I know Rodriguez is ‘healthy’ now and both have plenty of upside but to have three years of a guy of Snell’s quality for $39m is awfully good to have. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think I’d do that still. Kochanowicz hasn’t thrown a pro inning I believe, and Rodriguez had a handful over what, the last three years?

I know Rodriguez is ‘healthy’ now and both have plenty of upside but to have three years of a guy of Snell’s quality for $39m is awfully good to have. 

I'm not sure I agree. We have so few pitchers with high upside in our system. Trading one of them would really hurt.

That said, if we don't get Bauer, I fully expect Minasian to get Snell or Gray, whatever the cost. 

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not sure I agree. We have so few pitchers with high upside in our system. Trading one of them would really hurt.

That said, if we don't get Bauer, I fully expect Minasian to get Snell or Gray, whatever the cost. 

I should have added that it was contingent on Bauer, or at least another long-term signing paired with some other good moves. 

If you’re adding Bauer and Snell to the rotation for the next three years, two recent Cy Young winners, I think you can easily sacrifice a pitching prospect here. 

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I’d do Marsh, C-Rod, Kochanowicz and Jackson/Paris for Snell or Gray if it meant hanging onto Adell.

Hang onto Adell at all costs!

I would trade Adell over Marsh for several reasons:

1.  We have two elite RHH in our lineup for years to come but are short on legit LHH

2.  Adell projects as more of a LF than a RF.  The free agency market has shown LFers are fairly cheap to acquire, so having a stud prospect LF isn’t a huge deal unless he hits like Juan Soto.

3.  Marsh projects as a much better defender who can play RF and backup CF.

Given our deep OF prospect pipeline, and given we have Trout, Adell is our best trade chip to get what we so desperately need - a top of the rotation SP like Snell

And, an interesting wrinkle in terms of the Rays..

Let's say the Rays ask the Angels to take on Kiermaier's contract along with Snell in exchange for Adell, which in turn means they won't ask for another prospect in addition to Adell.

Would you do it?  And if so - would you consider having Trout shift to LF and put Kiermaier in CF, at least some of the time?

Obviously, any suggestion to move Trout off CF is basically blasphemy, but Kiermaier is the best defensive CF in the game, and almost all of his value comes from the defense he provides.

Trout would then become the best defensive LF.  It sounds far-fetched and very unlikely, but it'd give us an ace while also significantly improving OF defense (Kiermaier in CF, Trout taking over in LF, Upton mainly to the bench).

11 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Let's say the Rays ask the Angels to take on Kiermaier's contract along with Snell in exchange for Adell, which in turn means they won't ask for another prospect in addition to Adell.

Would you do it?  And if so - would you consider having Trout shift to LF and put Kiermaier in CF, at least some of the time?

Obviously, any suggestion to move Trout off CF is basically blasphemy, but Kiermaier is the best defensive CF in the game, and almost all of his value comes from the defense he provides.

Trout would then become the best defensive LF.  It sounds far-fetched and very unlikely, but it'd give us an ace while also significantly improving OF defense (Kiermaier in CF, Trout taking over in LF, Upton mainly to the bench).

I'd do it, especially if it lowers the Rays asking price on Snell.

41 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I’d do Marsh, C-Rod, Kochanowicz and Jackson/Paris for Snell or Gray if it meant hanging onto Adell.

Hang onto Adell at all costs!

i'm sorry, but fuck that.

you'd give up marsh, c.rod, koch, and one of jackson or paris for either one of those guys?

that's a brutal trade for the angels.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

This is a good idea, but way too much cash to add. Keirmaier is owed a ton of money. Maybe if the Rays paid down the deal by 40-50 percent. 

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

This is a good idea, but way too much cash to add. Keirmaier is owed a ton of money. Maybe if the Rays paid down the deal by 40-50 percent. 

He's owed ~23mil over the next two years.  Not cheap, but for the best defensive CF in the game, I don't think that's unreasonable either.  He has a club option for 2023, which of course can always be declined.

I still think Angels fans are having unwarranted visions of grandeur regarding their pitching acquisitions.

Blake Snell - Rays payroll isn't in trouble as of right now, and they nearly won the World Series. There's little incentive to cause then to sell right now unless they receive a package that's clearly an overpay that helps them right now AND in the future. You don't want to pay that.

Yu Darvish - The Cubs have not entered a rebuild and have publicly stated their intention to give it another go in 2021 before entering any sort of rebuild. They just got a new man in charge, and I doubt they want to reward his years of service by telling him to sell their talent for scraps. Darvish is available, but only if overpaid. Otherwise, wait until the trade deadline or next off-season.

Sony Gray - The Reds needed to shed payroll. They shed nearly 7 million in the Iglesias deal and have Bauer likely coming off the books. They don't need to trade Gray. They could, and maybe even should, but they've got some flexibility right now. 

Same with Marquez in Colorado.

I'm not saying the Angels won't get their ace via trade. I'm saying that you might not like the price and regret making that deal. 

And as for Bauer, he's been more of a 4.00 ERA pitcher throughout his career than an ace. But he's going to require ace money. I'm not saying the Angels won't sign Bauer, I'm saying that if they do, his salary may not match the results.