• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

23 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The price for even crappy pitching continues to climb.

Compare him to Odorizzi.  Desclafani missed a year due to injury.  Odorizzi is a bit better, but there's not a huge difference.  They're almost exactly the same age.  

career 99 era+ for Disclafani

career 105 era+ for Odorizzi

Don't underestimate the value of a solid lefty reliever. Important even just for one hitter at a key point in a game. Odorizzi flies under the radar somewhat, but he has experience and a decent resume. Just because he isn't a flame thrower doesn't mean he can't be effective. For one-year at one million he's worth the addition. 

The career of a reliever is harder to evaluate just by stats because one bad inning here or there magnifies the negatives. Consistency is important and he has shown that.

P_20201216_154500_vHDR_Auto.jpg

I'm actually coming around to the idea of trading for a SP (Gray/Musgrove/etc.) and signing either Odorizzi/Sagano.  Signing Bauer will not only cost a ton for a longtime, but lose our 2nd round pick.  While the former scenario will not.  So trading prospects for a SP is not so bad considering we keep that pick and basically gain a top guy back (vs Bauer signing).  Keep payroll flexibility too.  So long as the trade does not include Detmer, Rodriguez or Koch -- anyone else can go as far as i'm concerned.  

I am coming around to liking the idea of signing Sugano. The price should be within the teams reach. And then sign another similar priced starter not named Paxson.{ Not a Paxson fan, as it seems he has spent more time on the injured list than on an active roster}.  This way we don't lose a draft pick. We don't gut the farm in a trade. And we are able to fill out the roster in a timely fashion, instead of waiting for the Attention Whore Bauer to quit playing his games in deciding where he wants to play, which could be another 6 weeks. By then the alternatives will be signed. 

58 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I'm actually coming around to the idea of trading for a SP (Gray/Musgrove/etc.) and signing either Odorizzi/Sagano.  Signing Bauer will not only cost a ton for a longtime, but lose our 2nd round pick.  While the former scenario will not.  So trading prospects for a SP is not so bad considering we keep that pick and basically gain a top guy back (vs Bauer signing).  Keep payroll flexibility too.  So long as the trade does not include Detmer, Rodriguez or Koch -- anyone else can go as far as i'm concerned.  

No second round pick but likely two of the last three firsts or seconds in Adell, Marsh, Adams and Paris, Detmers, or Jackson.

Not gonna get starting pitching like Gray for spare parts.