• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

40 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've always been intrigued with Puig. Since Minasian is all about run prevention, how is his defense @Inside Pitch?

The numbers likely are all over the place.  Cannon arm, can run shit down, but he makes mistakes being over aggressive ...   He's a world better than anyone we had out there defensively last year.

Worth mentioning that Puig had signed with Atlanta last year then caught covid.   So, might be a guy Minasian likes.

Hey I am baffled by the profile pictures of people like Jon Heyman wearing a mask.
Why on earth would someone put up a photo with a mask on?  Do they think they can sneeze through my iPhone screen and infect me?

Or is it as simple as people being interested in branding themselves as “look at me, I care”. . .

So then are we to assume Ken Rosenthal (no mask in his profile photo) doesn’t care and is reckless?

What a stupid, stupid game.

Fuck these are weird times.

Maybe Heyman should wear a gag in his photo instead of a mask to more accurately brand himself as someone who shouldn’t be talking at all since he has a record of blathering inaccurate nonsense.

52 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Hey I am baffled by the profile pictures of people like Jon Heyman wearing a mask.
Why on earth would someone put up a photo with a mask on?  Do they think they can sneeze through my iPhone screen and infect me?

Or is it as simple as people being interested in branding themselves as “look at me, I care”. . .

So then are we to assume Ken Rosenthal (no mask in his profile photo) doesn’t care and is reckless?

What a stupid, stupid game.

Fuck these are weird times.

Maybe Heyman should wear a gag in his photo instead of a mask to more accurately brand himself as someone who shouldn’t be talking at all since he has a record of blathering inaccurate nonsense.

Is everything ok?

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Unless they can trade for two starters like Gray or Marquez, I don’t want them anywhere near Realmuto.  

I don’t either. I didn’t want Grandal last season. I just can’t get behind handing 30 year old catcher a big contract.

We’re in a pretty strict lockdown where I’m at so other than working out in my garage I got nothing to do but speculate... 

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What would you all be willing to give up to get any combination of Darvish, Hendricks and Contreras?

No matter how bad the Cubs need to shed payroll, I can't imagine they'd deal both Darvish and Hendricks. That would take a hell of a haul. Adell, Canning, one of Sandoval/Barria, probably a boatload of other prospects.  We'd thin out the MLB depth a little too close to comfort. 

Now, for one of those pitchers? Much more realistic. I think they'd want to move Darvish first. More expensive, not "homegrown" like Hendricks, older, more likely to have his contract go south before conclusion, probably at apex of his value now following his 2020 performance. 

In a weird way, I'd sort of be interested in seeing what they'd do involving Heyward. It would take significant money being eaten by Chicago in any deal, or Arte really opening up, but Heyward could be an interesting stopgap in RF. The bat isn't much, though he had a good year last year, but he's still strong defensively and walks a lot. He could cover RF next two years - presuming Adell is dealt for pitching - and then move to LF when Upton walks. It's not that I necessarily want Heyward, but his taking on that contract could really open the doors to a deal with Darvish or Hendricks getting done in a way that works for the Halos.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Does Realmuto become this years Rendon for the Angels? 

I've wondered about this as well.

That would be such a typical Arte Moreno move- spend money on a position player instead of a pitcher. Yes, he is a good hitter, but it's obvious that the Angels need pitching first and foremost.