• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

3 hours ago, mmc said:

Time for a reunion?

I don't think Segura is anywhere near worth his contract. He's getting paid 14.85 million per season for the next two seasons. Cesar Hernandez likely matches Segura's production for half that price.

Not to mention the fact that this will be Segura's 4th or 5th time being traded. I hate to speculate, but something has to be up with that. Maybe he's a bad clubhouse guy? I believe there were some rumors about him getting in some clubhouse fight when he was with Seattle.

I really think that the Angels need to add a right fielder either via trade or free agency.

While they have players that *could* play RF (Adell/Schebler/Ward), they can't really trust those players. There is a greater likelihood that those players end up being below average than above average.

Not to mention the fact that Upton is also a question mark. Upton could be the Upton we saw at the end of the season that was really good, or he could be the 2019/start of 2020 Upton that was really bad.

44 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I really think that the Angels need to add a right fielder either via trade or free agency.

While they have players that *could* play RF (Adell/Schebler/Ward), they can't really trust those players. There is a greater likelihood that those players end up being below average than above average.

Not to mention the fact that Upton is also a question mark. Upton could be the Upton we saw at the end of the season that was really good, or he could be the 2019/start of 2020 Upton that was really bad.

Kevin Pillar makes all the sense in the world to me. From California, hits lefties well, fantastic defense, can play all three. Likely a 1/$4m type deal. 

Hunter Renfroe is a fit as well. Should Schebler impress in ST, he could serve as a lefty-platoon mate. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Kevin Pillar makes all the sense in the world to me. From California, hits lefties well, fantastic defense, can play all three. Likely a 1/$4m type deal. 

Hunter Renfroe is a fit as well. Should Schebler impress in ST, he could serve as a lefty-platoon mate. 

Pillar's defense is nothing more than a reputation at this point.  He hasn't been more than an average defender in years.

42 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Have a feeling the Mets are gonna really piss us off this winter. Either signing guys we want to goofy contracts or driving prices up on who we want and even across the board in general. 

Sandy Alderson said on mlb network radio that they will fill needs through FA because they don’t have assets to trade and what they do have, they want to keep. So... yeah, they will be ticking off lots of teams.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Sign me up for david dahl

Now that player have been Non-tendered, here are a few players i wouldn't mind taking a shot at. 

*  Rodon, Maybe it's time to put him in a Bp and see what he can do.

* Bradley. I think it's quite stupid that the Reds. I also think playing in a pitchers park will help.

* Dahl or Duvall or Mazara   

6 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Now that player have been Non-tendered, here are a few players i wouldn't mind taking a shot at. 

*  Rodon, Maybe it's time to put him in a Bp and see what he can do.

* Bradley. I think it's quite stupid that the Reds. I also think playing in a pitchers park will help.

* Dahl or Duvall or Mazara   

I wonder how much it would cost to sign Archie Bradley. There's no way we don't at least kick the tires on him with the purge of our bullpen.

Wonder how Profar would do if he was given an everyday role at a set position. Stick him in RF and see what happens. He’s young enough still that there could be a huge corner he could still turn. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a breakout year and popped 30+ HRs hitting near .300/.400/.500+