• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

34 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Love how this is big news for the Rangers..... Literally could care less if I was an involved fan of the team.

I think it’s a big deal because most people, myself included, are wondering why he got  major league deal instead of a minor league deal.  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think it’s a big deal because most people, myself included, are wondering why he got  major league deal instead of a minor league deal.  

head scratcher for sure.  a major league deal for a guy who's never been beyond AA?  Regardless of whether the guy was a previous Halos farmhand, that's just odd.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

head scratcher for sure.  a major league deal for a guy who's never been beyond AA?  Regardless of whether the guy was a previous Halos farmhand, that's just odd.  

I swear to god if he ends up being great for them I will quit baseball.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

He went to a speed camp, has been sittng 97-98.   So, maybe they think he's back to throwing hard.  Unfortunately control issues played into some of the changes that resulted in a velo drop.  Unless that's no longer the issue he's still a guy with a big breaker and trouble locating his FB.

4 hours ago, totdprods said:

Bowden’s latest on The Athletic was one move for each team at the Virtual Winter Meetings...

He had Tampa’s move be dealing Snell to the Angels for Marsh and Detmers, and the Angels move be signing Bauer to a 5/$135m.

I’d do that. 

Not holding my breath until it happens but it would make us the consensus favorite to win the West.  Hands down.

16 hours ago, totdprods said:

Wonder how Profar would do if he was given an everyday role at a set position. Stick him in RF and see what happens. He’s young enough still that there could be a huge corner he could still turn. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a breakout year and popped 30+ HRs hitting near .300/.400/.500+

They really shouldn't have legalized pot because you've smoked yourself stupid. You just elevated a guy with a career 91 OPS+ stat line to that of 2019 Mookie Betts.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

They really shouldn't have legalized pot because you've smoked yourself stupid. You just elevated a guy with a career 91 OPS+ stat line to that of 2019 Mookie Betts.  

Kinda like when Zack ‘career 82 OPS’ Cozart hit .297/.385/.548 the next year? 

Or Justin Turner’s 92 OPS gave way to a 139 OPS as a Dodger?

weed is great, give it a shot.

I think it depends just how much Arte is willing to spend. Currently, with our roster and arb, we are at around 155 mil, while the salary cap is at 210. 

Leaving us about 55 mil to spend. So if Arte is willing, we could easy improve the team.

We could potentially, sign Bauer to 130 mil/5 yrs; 20+25+25+30+30

than go after a guy like hand; 21-27 mil/ 3 years: 6-9-12

still only at around 26 mil. With enough money to add  a catcher and another arm to the BP.

Plus, we could potentially have Rodriguez and Detmers ready by 2022, so that could replace guys like Heaney and Bundy if needed and future saving us money. 

Than we have Pujols and Upton coming off the playroll in the next 2 years. 

2 hours ago, Fourts said:

Why trade detmer?  That makes no sense.  Dude is about ready for the bigs.  We finally have some good SPs like Detmer and Rodriguez- you keep those guys. 

Because its Snell? An already proven ace caliber pitcher? That would be my honest guess. If it was for Another prospect I would agree. 

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

Okey Dokey....adding an NL and an AL Cy Young winner to your rotation isn't a big deal...Sure....

Never said that... but it would not make us HANDS DOWN (your words) the consensus to win the AL West. We need bullpen pieces or the games they pitch will be useless as we will just blow it in the later innings. 

But getting them two would definitely make us a much larger threat. 

1 hour ago, Bronson said:

Never said that... but it would not make us HANDS DOWN (your words) the consensus to win the AL West. We need bullpen pieces or the games they pitch will be useless as we will just blow it in the later innings. 

But getting them two would definitely make us a much larger threat. 

Sure, we need other pieces...I’m not sold on Bauer because of cost...signing him limits you elsewhere...but I still think Bauer and Snell are that good...they would make us a prohibitive (I’ll use another word) to win the division, regardless of what we do with the rest of the roster...