• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Someone, anyone, help me out.

Brad Hand’s peripherals have not changed since SD converted him to a reliever 5 seasons back.

He still K’s a lot of batters, still walks under 3 per 9 innings, and gives up few hits.

FIP has been steady, except being really low in 2020.

So, what has kept teams from signing him?

Probably the same thing that has kept teams from signing every other reliever except Trevor May

18 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hopefully Perry Minasian is a lot better at signing stop gap starting pitchers than Billy was.

That is a pretty low bar....and his FA INF'er weren't any better---Valbuena and Cozart weren't exactly gems....

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Someone, anyone, help me out.

Brad Hand’s peripherals have not changed since SD converted him to a reliever 5 seasons back.

He still K’s a lot of batters, still walks under 3 per 9 innings, and gives up few hits.

FIP has been steady, except being really low in 2020.

So, what has kept teams from signing him?

My theory is with the down year everyone assumed market would be down and they're discovering now not so much.  Low impact SP are getting 10mil. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I think it's dumb.  

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it myself but I don't know much about the 2 Marlins prospects so I was thinking some other people here might have a more favorable view of it

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of it myself but I don't know much about the 2 Marlins prospects so I was thinking some other people here might have a more favorable view of it

Garrett is a mid to back end starter and even though he was promoted to mlb this year, he was in A+ last year.  Harrison has upside if he puts it together but he's 25.