• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

This would never happen, but it would certainly be something if we could trade Adell, or whatever the hell offensive prospects Cleveland wants for Lindor, and then immediately flip him to a team with a surplus of young pitchers for young pitchers/pitching prospects.

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

This would never happen, but it would certainly be something if we could trade Adell, or whatever the hell offensive prospects Cleveland wants for Lindor, and then immediately flip him to a team with a surplus of young pitchers for young pitchers/pitching prospects.

you are right.  that would never happen.  

With Sugano being posted, i think he's another name to look at. From what I've read seem like he's going to be a mid-rotation arm 

His career stats in Japan are similar to Maeda, and just like Maeda, Sugano doesn't rely on his fastball. 

Sugano could be another bundy like pitcher, throws a good amount of curves and slider, which are both plus and mixes in a fatball and fork. 

could be either a 2-4 in a rotation. 

image.thumb.png.36ecc3a40353e9d65cc2a357c7f99479.png

3 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

With Sugano being posted, i think he's another name to look at. From what I've read seem like he's going to be a mid-rotation arm 

His career stats in Japan are similar to Maeda, and just like Maeda, Sugano doesn't rely on his fastball. 

Sugano could be another bundy like pitcher, throws a good amount of curves and slider, which are both plus and mixes in a fatball and fork. 

could be either a 2-4 in a rotation. 

image.thumb.png.36ecc3a40353e9d65cc2a357c7f99479.png

31 year old pitcher getting his first shot at the majors. Ya I think I’ll let some other team take that gamble. 

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The only one that did was the random dude who made an account here, and said "would you guys trade aybar and newcomb for simmons" and we laughed at him and told him he was an idiot.

I mean, yeah - part of being a fan, for some at least, is to try to improve your team with random trade scenarios / signings.  I think the majority try to do it in the context of being aware of the budget, and most try to construct "fair" trades.  It's hard to do that, in that we typically don't follow other teams as closely, so it's a bit hard to know their true needs without further research.  I like Baseballtradevalues.com as a "barometer" of sorts for trying to create trades.  It's certainly imprecise, but at least it's a useful/helpful guide in terms of assigning value to other team's players/prospects, etc.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Ohtani would never allow it.  

I understand, but this a new front office and Ohtani has been hurt on the pitching side. He also is coming of from his worst season ever, There's still a big question mark on how he'll pitch next season. 

I think they'll probably have chat with Othani and if they get the green light, they should go after him. Plus this like of Tamin move.