• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

I was disappointed with how lacking he was in outfield fundamentals.  His hitting was understandably not ready for ML pitching but should improve with continued refinement and experience.  There is no excuse for his apparent "winging it" defensive approach in the outfield.  His defensive fundamentals should be locked in at this point in his career.  I am not sure if someone ever stops learning how to run proper routes.

I am not sour, I was just surprised and disappointed with his current development.

Yeah, I think it was surprising to see how far away he was from being ready. The tools are obviously there but all things considered I am surprised the team called him up, given that you'd have expected them to be more familiar with his readiness than we are.

9 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Even though it’s been rumoured for a week or so with McCann. Now that they actually have gone the McCann route it makes me think Springer (for sure) and Bauer end up with the Mets.

F*ck

Arte gonna get fucked by another NY team.

I'm getting the sense we are going to have to commit a lot more money/term to our new catcher and OF than most on here originally thought.  With a busted, older Adam Eaton who was worth negative WAR last year getting a guaranteed $8 million on a one year and McCann getting a four year deal with likely a high price tag, we better hope Arte is expanding the budget if we have to address these needs in free agency.

40 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Arte gonna get fucked by another NY team.

Arte should be used to it, as they always use him and the Angels to get more money. They should not wait around to long for this idiot to make up his mind. He does not want to play here or he would have signed already. If they wait to long they will lose other players like they have over the years.

9 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Arte should be used to it, as they always use him and the Angels to get more money. They should not wait around to long for this idiot to make up his mind. He does not want to play here or he would have signed already. If they wait to long they will lose other players like they have over the years.

what?  if this were true then he would have signed somewhere else.  

the perception of how this process works or should work seems completely lost on many.  

the guy is about to commit the next 6 years of his life and what is likely the bulk of the rest of his career somewhere.  Not to mention that there are nine figures involved.  It's called due diligence.  

It's the Angels management team's assessment as to whether they have a shot or whether they're getting played.  They may have already moved on for all we know.  I doubt it.  

The Angels have 3 of the top 15 largest sports contracts in north america on their books right now.  No other team has 2.  

and be careful what you wish for.  

3 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Hope they sign Realmuto and Springer so we get Bauer

Screw it. Let's just have Arte blow it open and get Bauer, Realmuto then made big trade hahaha

This is what I want. Bauer and Realmuto on back loaded deals, then swing trades for another starter and a right fielder. 

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Wonder if there’s any scenario where, if the Mets and Phillies are out on Realmuto, he winds up accepting a one-year deal if there aren’t any other legitimate suitors offering big money. 

That could mirror what Atlanta did in signing Ozuna and Donaldson on their one-year deals. 

not with a QO attached, that's not at all worth it for the signing team.

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I have largely suspected that Minasian will eschew signing Bauer for big bucks and will instead look to explore the trade market.

I think he WILL use the free agency market to fill out the bullpen and acquire a LHH, but I think he'll use some trade assets to get the SP we need, along with perhaps a low-cost FA flyer for depth.

I tend to agree with the possible exception of Sugano....if they like him, no draft pick lost or prospects traded....he won't be cheap but a lot cheaper than Bauer....

8 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I just don't see the Mets signing both Bauer and Realmuto.

If they get Springer, which seems likely, and sign McCann, that likely adds around 35-40mil to their payroll.

Assuming Bauer commands at least 25mil/yr, I somewhat doubt they'll sign him on top of those two.  They will likely make other moves, such as smaller moves to improve their pen/etc, but I don't think they'd add a 3rd big star to the list.