• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

@Inside Pitch and @Dochalo are the two who’s opinions I respect the most.

I'd read Dochalo more, but his posts are too long for my attention span. I take one look at his posts that extend beyond the bottom of my screen and I keep scrolling. 

All kidding aside, Doch is aces.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

I'd read Dochalo more, but his posts are too long for my attention span. I take one look at his posts that extend beyond the bottom of my screen and I keep scrolling. 

All kidding aside, Doch is aces.

thank @T.G.!

it's funny because I'll go all 'stream of consciousness' and think what I wrote was at least somewhat interesting.  Then I'll look that I've filled an entire page of text and realize 'fuck. no ones gonna read that.'  

9 hours ago, wopphil said:

I agree with this and don’t think it is a crazy scenario. If you could sign Realmuto and someone like Happ, and then move Adell for a cost-controlled arm, it could work. You could get the best catcher in baseball and two rotation princes for under $40 mil. Doesn’t leave anything for the pen though. 

Yeah.  I don't see it as very likely at all, but if we could, say, trade Adell for Pleasac, then signing Realmuto to play catcher does seem more possible, as Pleasac earns the minimum and would slot at the top of the rotation.

To emphasize though, I would say it is highly unlikely we see the above scenario play out.

10 hours ago, T.G. said:

I'm still somewhat amazed at the number of guys on here who have soured on Adell.

I was disappointed with how lacking he was in outfield fundamentals.  His hitting was understandably not ready for ML pitching but should improve with continued refinement and experience.  There is no excuse for his apparent "winging it" defensive approach in the outfield.  His defensive fundamentals should be locked in at this point in his career.  I am not sure if someone ever stops learning how to run proper routes.

I am not sour, I was just surprised and disappointed with his current development.

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Screw it. Let's just have Arte blow it open and get Bauer, Realmuto then made big trade hahaha

The team would be set for multiple runs only requiring small, but important future role player acquisitions.  I've been quiet on this matter, but I think it would be worth it considering Pujols and Upton will be coming off the books in the next few years.

Wonder if there’s any scenario where, if the Mets and Phillies are out on Realmuto, he winds up accepting a one-year deal if there aren’t any other legitimate suitors offering big money. 

That could mirror what Atlanta did in signing Ozuna and Donaldson on their one-year deals. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wonder if there’s any scenario where, if the Mets and Phillies are out on Realmuto, he winds up accepting a one-year deal if there aren’t any other legitimate suitors offering big money. 

That could mirror what Atlanta did in signing Ozuna and Donaldson on their one-year deals. 

Still plenty of teams outside of those 2 that would be offering multi-year deals (Toronto, Washington, Houston, Yankees, maybe the Angels?)

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

If it's a 1 year deal then IMO Arte/Minasian should jump on this without letting it impact their current plans with Bauer or anyone else.