• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 minute ago, Hubs said:

Based on Values. It’s not gonna be a one for one. Marquez will cost the most based on age and control hence the higher value. You could try to build a deal around Marsh but I think the only way that happens is if the Angels took on some other bad salaries or included a lot of other surplus talent. Deals are not usually 6 for 1. 

Gray almost matches up 1 for 1 with Marsh and Snell matches up 1 for 1 with Adell. It’s more likely these pitchers would want a few players not just one.

So, Minasian is likely to use an app for his deals...

Got it.

10 minutes ago, Hubs said:

FYI, that’s two dickish comments in a row. Maybe smoke a j and relax. 

No thanks.  I'm already chill.  Don't take things so seriously and take your own advice.

Ok, truth be told, I'm generally cranky...so again, don't take things seriously.

Edited by T.G.

10 hours ago, Warfarin said:

It only comes down to the internal analysis on Stassi.  If Minasian sees Stassi as a strong defender (which I believe he is), then there is no need to pursue someone like Realmuto.

Beyond that, even if Stassi isn't deemed the solution, the only way I'd imagine we'd pursue Realmuto is if we use Adell in a trade to secure a top-of-the-rotation SP who is fairly cost controlled, like Marquez or Pleasac.  Basically, I don't see Realmuto as an option, unless his market turns out to be way less than he thought.

I agree with this and don’t think it is a crazy scenario. If you could sign Realmuto and someone like Happ, and then move Adell for a cost-controlled arm, it could work. You could get the best catcher in baseball and two rotation princes for under $40 mil. Doesn’t leave anything for the pen though. 

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

No thanks.  I'm already chill.  Don't take things so seriously and take your own advice.

Ok, truth be told, I'm generally cranky...so again, don't take things seriously.

Sometimes I can be a jerk on here too. I don’t even notice. Sometimes people point it out and I will notice that yeah I was being a jerk. Anyway, all Good.

I don’t think the Value site is that accurate as far as veteran major leaguers but it does help with minor League and young player valuation in a somewhat neutral context. 

A lot on here like Marsh more than Adell and that shows that he’s not quite as even, though many think Adell has slumped, he really hasn’t. 

And it shows how much value young pitchers have. 

8 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm still somewhat amazed at the number of guys on here who have soured on Adell.

It's funny.

He went from being completely untouchable for 99% of the board to being included in almost every trade scenario.

@Inside Pitch has said before that his value is the same as it was before 2020, he's just no longer considered a "prospect". I agree with that completely.

He had a rough rookie season during arguably the strangest year in baseball history. He's still got potential to be a star. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

@Inside Pitch has said before that his value is the same as it was before 2020, he's just no longer considered a "prospect". I agree with that completely.

IP is legit. He knows his stuff.

A lot of guys regurgitate what they read, but IP does his own homework and comes to his own conclusions.  He doesn't just make crap up. He's the only regular on this board (other than Jeff Fletcher) that I make a point to follow.  I always want to know what he has to say about players.

I've been reading IP for years... going back on the old Scout message boards.