• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Odorizzi is going to be 31 in March. He only pitched 13.2 innings last season and his salary was $19.8 million. These are factors that are likely being considered by teams. At 31, he’s probably looking for a multi year deal and probably wants to make something north of the money he made in 2020.  He’s probably finding a hard time finding a team that he’s a good match for, all things considered. He should be a good candidate for a 1 year deal, but is probably holding out for more.

I imagine he has several 1 year offers on the table. How long will he hold out?

Edited by T.G.

10 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Odorizzi is going to be 31 in March. He only pitched 13.2 innings last season and his salary was $19.8 million. These are factors that are likely being considered by teams. At 31, he’s probably looking for a multi year deal and probably wants to make something north of the money he made in 2020.  He’s probably finding a hard time finding a team that he’s a good match for, all things considered. He should be a good candidate for a 1 year deal, but is probably holding out for more.

I'd give him two years. 

There's absolutely no way he gets more than $20 million a year. 

13 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Pretty sure his salary last year was $17.8M (which was then prorated, of course), since he took the qualifying offer, right?  And people who take the QO are basically taking a chance on themselves, betting that they'll prove they're worth that amount or more for a long-term deal.  After his injured-filled and lackluster season last year, I can't imagine his AAV on any contract he gets will be $18M+.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

Great  he pitched more innings than Quintana.  

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

His contract was 17.8 mill for last year and prorated for short season 6.5. So I'm sure this could be his last chance to cash in. He can wait till injuries in spring or later. I think he will at least get a 2 year deal around 12 per year. 

8 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

His contract was 17.8 mill for last year and prorated for short season 6.5. So I'm sure this could be his last chance to cash in. He can wait till injuries in spring or later. I think he will at least get a 2 year deal around 12 per year. 

I would give that some serious consideration.....at the least, it would lock down one starter in to 2022....lot of expiring contracts after this year...

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Great  he pitched more innings than Quintana.  

Fine -- give him 1 year at 9 mil.   That 500K difference should cover the difference in innings.

30 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If he goes for 2 years at 12 mil and Arte doesnt allow for it..  egads.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Yeah, I'm guessing he gets 2 -- 24 from the Jays or Mets. Twins are out now that they got Shoemaker. 

54 minutes ago, failos said:

Really not feeling Minasian’s approach....would rather have Eppler at this point.

Huh?  Eppler's approach for the big club was basically the same -- just maybe a bit more on the reclamation side SP wise; on the RP side was 100% bring in a bunch of clean peanut guys and hope a couple stick.  

Regardless of Minasian's and whether you like it or not (or if it's different or not from Eppler), it seems WAY premature to claim one is better than the other.  Harsh.  How about we get to the first Spring training for this GM before making such claims.  Maybe even get a game or two of actual results in while we're at it.   

Angels
7:23
Are the Angels assuming Ohtani comes back healthy and that is their "top of the rotation pick up" for the offseason?

Mark P
7:24
I thinking "hoping" moreso than "assuming," since they can't consider Ohtani a sure thing after his last two seasons.  But if he gets back to 2018 form when healthy, that's a heck of a wild card for the Angels to unleash on the AL West

Marsh and Adell
7:36
They will not be traded and Angel fans will be happy next year, right?

Mark P
7:36
They won't be traded.  But, Angels fans probably still won't be happy since I don't think the team as presently constructed makes the playoffs.

Jim
8:27
How can the A's be "provisional favorites" when they did nothing but let talent walk away? I feel like people are undervaluing the losses of Hendricks, Semien, La Stella, ect.

Mark P
8:27
The A's took some big losses, no question.  But I also don't think the Angels got markedly better, and the Astros also lost a key piece in Springer.