• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

31 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I hope so too. I didn't hear them saying payroll was going up only that it wasn't going down. 

Either way if the Angels are set on their rotation, which is mediocre, then adding another bullpen arm should be a priority. 

I think if they lose out of Rosenthal, we might see a Shane Greene type.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

If you had to choose would you take Rosenthal for two years and $15 million or Odorizzi for 3 years and $30 million?

I have been torn on the question of Odorizzi vs. Rosenthal. A lockdown reliever - if that is what Rosenthal actually is - would probably be better for the team than another 3/4 type starter. Then again, if you are getting the 2019 version of Odorizzi, it would be a huge addition to the rotation and would fill a hole for 2022. 

At your proposed numbers, I’d probably go with Odorizzi. 

I doubt they sign Odorizzi. Hearing Maddon today makes me think they would only sign a bullpen guy. 

He said Ohtani is a "full-go" and "no Shohei rules". I am not suggesting Shohei will pitch 20 games, but it's clear Perry wants to see what he actually has in Shohei. Meaning, don't hold back, pitch him 20 times, and see if his arm can hold up after Tommy John, rehab, and a full offseason to work out (which Maddon keeps raving about). The offseason workouts could be like when NBA players who are 37 years old get in "the best shape of their lives". Or it could be Shohei finally realizing he has to work twice as hard if he wants to pitch. Maybe an ultimatum was given. Who know. But I'm glad to see they are letting him loose and seeing if he can hold up. If he can't? 1B, RF, or DH of the future. 

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thanks. Now that that’s been covered, which would you prefer?

What's our roster at now?   I genuinely think they are done. 

Between the guy they got in the Castro trade and the Rule 5 guy, I think they already have the bullpen pieces they want and have yet to try, plus I'm betting they have Sandoval join Barria in the pen as swing men.  That brings us to the rotation.  They are already in a place where they might be bumping Barria to the pen, if they add another and Ohtani's really looking like he's going to be a viable option then they are creating a situation where they may to move a SP.  And no, I wouldn't want to add Walker then move Heaney.  Its easier to just extend Heaney and yes, I do believe he's the lesser health risk. 

Only way I see them adding guys at this point is if they suffer an injury in ST and guys are STILL available.   I don't know if I really answered your question, I just have a hard time giving it much thought when I don't see either option as likely.