• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

What's our roster at now?   I genuinely think they are done. 

Between the guy they got in the Castro trade and the Rule 5 guy, I think they already have the bullpen pieces they want and have yet to try, plus I'm betting they have Sandoval join Barria in the pen as swing men.  That brings us to the rotation.  They are already in a place where they might be bumping Barria to the pen, if they add another and Ohtani's really looking like he's going to be a viable option then they are creating a situation where they may to move a SP.  And no, I wouldn't want to add Walker then move Heaney.  Its easier to just extend Heaney and yes, I do believe he's the lesser health risk. 

Only way I see them adding guys at this point is if they suffer an injury in ST and guys are STILL available.   I don't know if I really answered your question, I just have a hard time giving it much thought when I don't see either option as likely.  

i agree with everything you said, but that's a lot of words for not much thought.

16 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i agree with everything you said, but that's a lot of words for not much thought.

I meant I hadn't thought about what I'd rather have given we aren't likely to get either.   I hate you guys....  Lol

15 minutes ago, ukyah said:

aw man screw you.

post above.

Shit cracked me up too

41 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

To me, honestly, it seems like Arte put a hard cap on the offseason spending. Minasian did get 2 starters, a closer, a LOOGY, a catcher, a RF and a shortstop for about $30 million. While that's impressive, did it really improve the team? I guess we have to see.

Bingo.... 

I likewise view it as being less about Minasian being allowed to do what he wanted and more about his trying to make it all work within a certain hard cap.  All things considered getting a legit closer was kind of impressive, whether it proves worthwhile we will find out but if things turns ugly he's the best potential deadline trade piece they have had in a long ass time and someone they could easily offer a QO if things turn out well.