• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

I just want to put out there that some of these players signing these late deals will be FA again at the end of ST, because they will not have made their clubs.  

At that point, it will be a buyers market, maybe that is what Minasian is waiting for.  

We got a good season, and Packy Naughton, for Brian Goodwin doing just that. 

11 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Really hoping the Angels make an offer to Trevor Rosenthal. Dude can hit 101mph and would be a big force in the bullpen for us. 

Hey, if the rotation is what it is then at least get us one hell of a bullpen arm. 

If the Angels don't sign him then I pray the only reason why is because he wanted too much money.

I think they'll sign Rosenthal. They've said they planned on increasing payroll and as it stands now, they appear to be right where they were before. It's unlikely they'll sign Odorizzi to displace Heaney or Canning as well as potential lose Barria. 

That leaves Rosenthal. He's probably been holding out for a lucrative multi-year deal where he closes out games for a contender. That was probably going to be with the Padres, but in b the last week, it appears they moved on and instead are allocating those resources towards Melancon and Kela. 

The Angels don't have Iglesias past this year unless they extend him. I think they'll offer Rosenthal a contract similar to what Trevor May got from the Mets, 2/15. 

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you had to choose would you take Rosenthal for two years and $15 million or Odorizzi for 3 years and $30 million?

I don't think Odorizzi is going to get 3 years at this point, unless it's from the Mets....But, given those choices, I'd probably go with Rosenthal....he potentially is the final piece to what could be a really strong bullpen....

39 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you had to choose would you take Rosenthal for two years and $15 million or Odorizzi for 3 years and $30 million?

Rosenthal
Its a tough one at those numbers, but i do not think Odorizzi will be better for us than he was for the Twins.  Being the best option available doesnt change the numbers.  At this point i actually think i would prefer Walker to him unless he slips way down cost wise.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

I think they'll sign Rosenthal. They've said they planned on increasing payroll and as it stands now, they appear to be right where they were before. It's unlikely they'll sign Odorizzi to displace Heaney or Canning as well as potential lose Barria. 

That leaves Rosenthal. He's probably been holding out for a lucrative multi-year deal where he closes out games for a contender. That was probably going to be with the Padres, but in b the last week, it appears they moved on and instead are allocating those resources towards Melancon and Kela. 

The Angels don't have Iglesias past this year unless they extend him. I think they'll offer Rosenthal a contract similar to what Trevor May got from the Mets, 2/15. 

I hope so too. I didn't hear them saying payroll was going up only that it wasn't going down. 

Either way if the Angels are set on their rotation, which is mediocre, then adding another bullpen arm should be a priority.