• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Of all people to trust a Canadian...    Strad, think about what you have done.

Yea, I feel ashamed.  Truth be told I stumbled upon the TSN article before I saw the other article about him going to Houston.  Generally speaking when a publication says there is a deal in place it is usually true.  I will now go back to listening to my Bryan Adams and Bare Naked Ladies CDs.  

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yup.   Him and Moore both.  Especially at the numbers they signed for.

I'll include @Dochalo in this, because we've had a previous conversation on this, but the early results I've seen from Minasian haven't been encouraging, not because of the players he's brought in, but the players he hasn't. 

Missing Darvish at the price he was acquired looks like an opportunity missed. He's the exact sort of pitcher this team has needed. But after payroll constraints have left the team looking for value plays, we've seen some pretty decent options come off the board that really could've helped. 

I'll reserve judgment until I see the body of work, but it isn't looking great on February 1st (just a day away). I'm hoping it's a Bob Ross situation where the painting looks ruined at first and then it becomes a masterpiece.

5 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Hmm. 

I don't think that makes much sense. Only one year of control with a team option. 

I mean if Minasian can swing a deal for him without giving up much I guess I'd be ok with it. But he's basically a younger Suzuki. Why give up prospect capital for that? He's also making 6.25 million so again, why? The Red Sox want Upton or something? 

21 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'm not convinced this is an up to date report. I have no doubt they checked in on him at some point this winter, but now that Suzuki is in the fold, they have the bat and veteran leadership they need, and one Stassi returns, they need to see if last year's breakout performance at the plate is sustainable. If it is, then they've got a stud on their hands that they'll want to keep behind the plate for at least a couple more years. 

The only way it makes sense is if Stassi is part of the trade, and the prospect capital doesn't involve anything elite. And if I'm the Red Sox, I wouldn't trade him for that.

Edited by Second Base

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'm not convinced this is an up to date report. I have no doubt they checked in on him at some point this winter, but now that Suzuki is in the fold, they have the bat and veteran leadership they need, and one Stassi returns, they need to see if last year's breakout performance at the plate is sustainable. If it is, then they've got a stud on their hands that they'll want to keep behind the plate for at least a couple more years. 

The only way it makes sense is if Stassi is part of the trade, and the prospect capital doesn't involve anything elite. And if I'm the Red Sox, I wouldn't trade him for that.

Shows it updated as of today. Who knows

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude...  how hilariously nutty would those channels be if they existed?   

"Today, the historically left leaning Marxist group known as the Cincinnati Reds, continued their efforts to undermine American values by trading suspected Castro extremist Rasiel Iglesias to the Jesus loving All American first generation Vietnam veteran owned Los Angeles Angels."

you forgot to mention the umpires are pedophiles, which is probably true actually, and that the managers are lizard people, which is also probably true.

51 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'll include @Dochalo in this, because we've had a previous conversation on this, but the early results I've seen from Minasian haven't been encouraging, not because of the players he's brought in, but the players he hasn't. 

Missing Darvish at the price he was acquired looks like an opportunity missed. He's the exact sort of pitcher this team has needed. But after payroll constraints have left the team looking for value plays, we've seen some pretty decent options come off the board that really could've helped. 

I'll reserve judgment until I see the body of work, but it isn't looking great on February 1st (just a day away). I'm hoping it's a Bob Ross situation where the painting looks ruined at first and then it becomes a masterpiece.

I would like to reiterate my stance after being included as someone who was not in favor of acquiring Darvish 

and I don't think the painting ever looked ruined.  It's been a few bush strokes per day yet I have no aspirations of it turning into a masterpiece.  My overall expectation is 'that's kinda nice' and I'll put it in my kitchen.