• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

4 minutes ago, T.G. said:

How in the hell did this thread get back on track?

@Inside Pitch - do something.

Who you got in that Godzilla .vs Kong movie?   Looks like Kong put on weight for the fight.   I'm going to ask that Mark dude and Maria Torres who their insiders are picking.

Also Odorizzi is being massively overrated by a lot of the people who thought Quintana was a bad sign.  I don't get it.  

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

Fat chance Hendricks is available, just don't see any way the Cubs move on from Lester, Darvish, Quintana, Chatwood, and Hendricks all in one offseason.  That's a full rotation.  Maybe for an insane overpayment that it wouldn't be wise for us to give up anyways.

I agree completely. My guess is they are doing their best to pry sonny gray away from cincy and then sign Odirizzi 

21 minutes ago, floplag said:

The only trade i think makes sense, is with the Rox.  I keep looking at others and i keep coming back to that one.

The problem is that Jeff Bridich is clueless, and so is his owner, who thought that the Rockies were a 94 win team in 2020 before the pandemic happened.

I'm more than okay with Odorizzi at the right price. I think he gets a mulligan like a few other players last season. One of the reasons for his breakout in 2019 was his increased velocity compared to 2018. He had an average velocity of 91.1 in 2019 and 92.9 in 2019. In 2020 he was at 93.0. The question is how much he will cost.

The Torres article basically said the Angels were never in on Bauer, and never seriously considered him.

I specifically remember, however, Luba saying somewhere... Youtube, instagram video, twitter, who the hell knows these days... that the Angels were "in there" or "involved" or something to that degree, at some point maybe a month ago or so.  Granted, she could be full of shit too.  She could also mean that the Angels simply made initial inquiries.  But I would believe something from her more than from "someone familiar with the Angels thinking."  I've seen that phrase used before by plenty of writers, and never understood it.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Who you got in that Godzilla .vs Kong movie?   Looks like Kong put on weight for the fight.   I'm going to ask that Mark dude and Maria Torres who their insiders are picking. 

Come on -- no brainer.  It's Godzilla every day.  This looks like a made-for-Hollywood make-believe BS...pumping up King Kong when he has no chance against an opponent like Godzilla.  Like Rocky against Clubber Lang or Drago.  Stupid Hollywood...It's absolutely ridiculous.

2 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I think most people want Odorizzi, and I'm not convinced. 

I want Bauer or a trade for someone in the category or Gray, Hendricks, Marquez

Those trade ideas if not available then what? Bauer is not coming to halos. I know someone at LA Times who knows.

I think Torres is Minasian and the rest is Moreno. So we don't know if Moreno will overrule Minasian like he has with Dipoto/Eppler in the past, and nobody can confirm the story.

Bauer is still possible, but it would take Moreno to do it. And I always figured that would be the case anyway.

12 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I don't know if anyone saw this, Buy Key released the reason why he left the angels......even tho we released his ass. 

I'm on reddit frequently and i have no idea how to read this. 

The question is dumb as fuck and so is the answer. He was released. And that's because he hasn't pitched a full season since 2017 and was complete shit this past year.

2 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

What peaks me more with odorizzi is seeing teams I respect having interest in him

Who is interested in him? I haven't seen anything. Of course those "reports" are almost always fluff BS. 

If the Dodgers, Rays, Braves or maybe Houston are interested then I might agree.

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What do you think of possibly going after Jordan Yamamoto? Released by the Marlins, one more option year. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded before making it to waivers, we’d likely have to send a piece back