• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

The only reason I believe Mark more than I do Maria is because the way things were said. It would completely blow my mind if the Angels really "Aren't in on Bauer". A team that has struggled for so many years to solidify their rotation isn't in on the top starting pitcher this offseason?? That's EXTREMELY bold to say. 
Mark, on the other hand is saying they would need to clear $ to get Bauer. it leaves the door open for a yes and no with them being in on Bauer. 

I HIGHLY doubt that the Angels aren't in on him. 
They both have their sources, the only difference in a verified symbol next to their names. 

I think it would behoove us (as fans) to move on from Bauer. If it happens, fantastic. But as I have said and many others have echoed, the Angels could still be a good team and crack the playoffs if they make  other moves that improve the team. There's some trades to be had and here's who's left on the SP market. 

Es6rhXVUUAEJbZo.png

As was said by someone else, people are believing that Mark guy because he's saying what they want to hear.

I get it. I would like the Angels to sign Trevor Bauer too! He's a good starting pitcher, and there's no denying that the Angels need a good starting pitcher.

But how would some dude who seems to be a New York based writer have inside sources with the Angels?

Also, the way he phrases his tweets makes it seem like nonsense. What is an "#Angels insider." What does that even mean?

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

As was said by someone else, people are believing that Mark guy because he's saying what they want to hear.

I get it. I would like the Angels to sign Trevor Bauer too! He's a good starting pitcher, and there's no denying that the Angels need a good starting pitcher.

But how would some dude who seems to be a New York based writer have inside sources with the Angels?

Also, the way he phrases his tweets makes it seem like nonsense. What is an "#Angels insider." What does that even mean?

When you're connected to baseball people the geography really doesn't matter. People move, get new jobs and move from team to team all the time. 

4 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

Oh come on Tank, you won't get much from those, on the other hand, your Brussel Sprout farms.....

you know, i hadn't even considered that. thanks for the heads up. i'll talk with my people.

11 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I have no idea if the Angels are going to sign Bauer and if they don’t it still doesn’t mean Torres was right.  The Angels very well could be in it.  The Angels very well could offer him everything he wants and he could still choose to go pitch somewhere else. The point is someone, who appears to be connected is giving us information.  No different than a beat writer giving us information.  I am not giving him more credibility, but I am not going to ignore him either, blue check or not.

35 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I think it would behoove us (as fans) to move on from Bauer. If it happens, fantastic. But as I have said and many others have echoed, the Angels could still be a good team and crack the playoffs if they make  other moves that improve the team. There's some trades to be had and here's who's left on the SP market. 

Es6rhXVUUAEJbZo.png

This is where i am, 100%. 

25 minutes ago, Trendon said:

No idea if Mark Healey is reliable. I do agree  with him that the Callaway and Bauer can't work together story strikes me as ludicrous. I find that incredibly hard to believe. That said, I think, like Chuck also said, it's not terribly likely Bauer comes here and we should assume Maria is right on that point.

Always possible something changes, but I'm not expecting it. 

Has anyone considered the fact that Torres source was offering an opinion and they are just wrong?  Or that the other source offering info to other people are just wrong.  

They're getting this info from other people.  Not from Arte or Minasian.  People embellish.  Writers embellish based on what their sources say.  They give opinions.  Many imply that they are stating facts when they are merely opinions.