• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

I'm going on record that Odorizzi will be a terrible signing and his AS campaign is a total outlier.

Outside of 2019, his FIP has been awful in 4 out of the 5 years since 2016. It was 5.43 in 2017, which is horrifying. He doesn’t miss bats, and his HR rate is scary as fuck. Granted, he might benefit from pitching in Anaheim in that regard.

He's on the wrong side of 30, his pitch values are...not great, he's an extreme flyball pitcher, and his ZIPS projection has him at a 4.44 ERA for 2021 over just 120 IP. Not saying that's accurate but that sounds a lot like a disappointing Quintana season.

I don't want him.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm going on record that Odorizzi will be a terrible signing and his AS campaign is a total outlier.

Outside of 2019, his FIP has been awful in 4 out of the 5 years since 2016. It was 5.43 in 2017, which is horrifying. He doesn’t miss bats, and his HR rate is scary as fuck. Granted, he might benefit from pitching in Anaheim in that regard.

He's on the wrong side of 30, his pitch values are...not great, he's an extreme flyball pitcher, and his ZIPS projection has him at a 4.44 ERA for 2021 over just 120 IP. Not saying that's accurate but that sounds a lot like a disappointing Quintana season.

I don't want him.

I dont think any of us want him per se, hes just supposedly the next best option.
So ill ask you this, of he rest, who would you want?

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't want him.

Yeah I'd rather roll the dice with Walker or Paxton than sign Odorizzi. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I'd rather roll the dice with Walker or Paxton than sign Odorizzi. 

But then again how many more times do we want to keep rolling the dice? 
Teheran, Harvey, Cahill, Etc....
Do we want someone who we think can harness their previous success? Or get someone who's in the middle of it?

1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

But then again how many more times do we want to keep rolling the dice? 
Teheran, Harvey, Cahill, Etc....
Do we want someone who we think can harness their previous success? Or get someone who's in the middle of it?

Such as?

10 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I think most people want Odorizzi, and I'm not convinced. 

I want Bauer or a trade for someone in the category or Gray, Hendricks, Marquez

ok but thats not the question... assume none of thats an option, of whats actually left in FA, who you got outside of Odorizzi?

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Such as?

Bauer is one with the most recent success of a Cy Young. IMO I also think he's trending the right direction for it steady success.

Then comes the trades. Marquez has tremendous splits when pitching away from Colorado. That could put him in a good spot for more success in future years. 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd take a flyer on Archer.

Then make a trade for Hendricks or Marquez, if available.

That sounds good. Or Archer and say a Walker or Paxton. 

Maybe sign Archer on a two-year deal and let him work out of the bullpen in high leverage situations as a rubber arm ala Scot Shields in 2021, slowly moving him in the direction to working his way back into the rotation.