• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Overrated Angels players

Do we as Angel fans overrate our players and prospects? Sandoval, Rengifo, Thaiss, Walsh, even Adell and Marsh. This team has zero life in it plays as it's dead. Simmons will be gone unless we give him a QO or extension. Albert will be back as will Upton. We need 2 top of line starters for front of rotation and bullpen needs 5 or 6 new arms. Very frustrating times with a new GM coming in and he will have his work cut out for him.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Do we as Angel fans overrate our players and prospects? Sandoval, Rengifo, Thaiss, Walsh, even Adell and Marsh. This team has zero life in it plays as it's dead. Simmons will be gone unless we give him a QO or extension. Albert will be back as will Upton. We need 2 top of line starters for front of rotation and bullpen needs 5 or 6 new arms. Very frustrating times with a new GM coming in and he will have his work cut out for him.

I don't think the bullpen needs 5 or 6 new arms. Noé, Buttrey and Peña are all serviceable in the pen in the right roles and Garcia looks like he can be in the mix as soon as this season. 

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Out of that group you mentioned, Adell is the only one I was ever “excited” about.  I think Marsh is probably going to be a decent major league player but I never banked on him being a high impact player.

The others are bodies.  Possible major league contributors, but no reason to have any excitement.

So my answer is no, I have not overrated the Angel prospects.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

You probably should also find out if the person is a pre-BW fan or post-BW fan.

It’s not as bad now as it was in 2015.  Some people had truly wild enthusiasm for luminaries like Kyle Kubitza.  Anyway.  All fan bases do this.  I think Dodger fans are way more insufferable.  Also I hate the Dodgers so take my opinion on that with a grain of salt. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

21 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I’m concerned that Ohtani who started out like a ball of fire may now be overrated because of his pitching limitations and that MLB pitchers have figured him out. He’s been awful at the plate. 

He has been but if he focuses 100% on hitting then I think he will improve. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

He has been but if he focuses 100% on hitting then I think he will improve. 

If the Angels are to compete in 2021 then they can’t use a six man rotation. They haven’t been able to put together a rotation since 2014. There is no pitching depth to account for the inevitable injuries that pitchers seem to suffer at a high rate. Right now you have Bundy, Canning and a bunch of question marks. I am anxious to see Detmers and Naughton next Spring. I am not so anxious to see Sandoval or Suarez. Maybe Chris Rodriguez will surprise in Spring but without the MILB this season he will probably not be ready until 2022. 

I hope the new GM has abetter plan for acquiring pitching than the five years of Eppler’s dumpster diving. It should be an interesting offseason. 

11 hours ago, Taylor said:

Remember when our lineup was going to feature superstars Brandon Wood, Dallas McPherson, and Casey Kotchman?

Yes.  And I will be a broken record forever on McPherson.  He was legit.  He wasn’t a “bust” unless you count physical injuries wrecking a career as a bust.