• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Maddon (FOR REAL)

I don't know, Brandon, with this shortened season and winning it all as the goal, you can't wait on this much longer. I think Eppler should admit to his mistake of pandering to the Angels fan base, fire the legacy manager make Erstad the new manager with Percival as pitching coach and Salmon the hitting instructor. 

That should be good for at least a 47-13 season. Act now Eppler!

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I don't know, Brandon, with this shortened season and winning it all as the goal, you can't wait on this much longer. I think Eppler should admit to his mistake of pandering to the Angels fan base, fire the legacy manager make Erstad the new manager with Percival as pitching coach and Salmon the hitting instructor. 

That should be good for at least a 47-13 season. Act now Eppler!

Don't forget Shields as the bullpen coach.

Just now, RBM said:

I do think Maddon over manages the game at times. Plenty of evidence of that already this season. 

Yesterday was my only real beef with him so far.  Pulling Heaney yesterday was just a bad decision.  Waiting too long on the guy that took over for him was a bad call.  The other quick hooks I understand.  

47 minutes ago, RBM said:

It’s more than that IMO. He’s just is too cute at times. He’s not going to cost us because this team is not built to contend but Maddon is overrated as a manager. 

he's quite literally one of the best managers in the game. the problem isn't that he's a bad manager or even if he's overrated,. the problem is that baseball fans don't like managers.

well, I almost think you have to throw the entire 2020 season stats and everything else out the window when evaluating management -- I wouldn't fire anyone based on this crazy season of developments.

it's been more like a full extended spring training --- 

please can we get back to normal soon - won't be this season but GEEZ can we go back to March 11/ 12 again and start over with real fans in the stands and real baseball again?

one can only hope.

I'm honestly looking at this from a different perspective.

Players had Spring Training then the season was postponed, most of the players basically had to sit around until July, and then had a short "Summer Camp"

Baseball players are creatures of habit and conditioning, and even though Summer Camp was 3 weeks, it also was in the middle of summer, no fans, strange new protocols, in the middle of a global pandemic.

I think "normal" baseball operations have only been going on for a little over a month, compare that with the fact that pitchers and catchers report in the middle of Feb, start spring training usually the end of Feb and play through March until the season starts.

Honestly most players right now aren't even at 100 percent "capacity", they are also way our of their normal routine, I mean look at how Trout has started the season as he is adjusting. 

In conclusion: Players aren't fully conditioned yet, it seems to affect the relief pitchers the most, and since our bullpen was fairly mediocre anyway, its making them look even worse than they already are, lol it's not Maddon's fault

On 7/30/2020 at 7:35 AM, Stradling said:

Remember the narrative that the Angels only won in 2002 because of Joe Maddon?  It was always followed with, “he taught Scioscia everything he knew”. 

Of course you don’t fire him, but man that was a bad call.  

As far as the bullpen goes, this is going to be a tough year for any team to figure that shit out.  

Was toying with the idea of starting a thread on maddon vs sosh, just for the dialogue. But this thread will work.

Obviously its way too early, and 2020 is way too weird from kickoff to point fingers.

But after ausmus, and now maddon, i think its pretty clear.... all managers have their weird shit that drives people crazy. But no manager is going to look good without pitching. Plain and simple.

All 3 managed trout, and he hasnt changed. All 3 have had mediocre or worse SP, with crap bullpens. And all 3 have been looking up at the competition. 

Until this team gets solid pitching, were always going to be potential, sometimes spoilers, but not really in it. 

Ohtani is just so, so us. 

The relief pitching is clearly on Eppler.

He’s had over 4 years to build one.  I’m still stumped as to why he didn’t re-sign Petit.

Question to ponder: is the bullpen all on Eppler, or on Eppler and Moreno?   It seems that over the past decade, the pen budget has mostly seemed low level.   In today’s game with shorter starter outings, that doesn’t work.

Edited by Angel Oracle

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The relief pitching is clearly on Eppler.

He’s had over 4 years to build one.  I’m still stumped as to why he didn’t re-sign Petit.

Question to ponder: is the bullpen all on Eppler, or on Eppler and Moreno?   It seems that over the past decade, the pen budget has mostly seemed low level.   In today’s game with shorter starter outings, that doesn’t work.

The correlation between bullpen spending and bullpen success is very low. 

Relievers are just hard to predict. 

I also submit that you’re always going to think the bullpen is worse than it is because you remember their failures more than successes. You just expect them to do the job. 

On 7/30/2020 at 12:07 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ha. Actually I was thinking about this last night...

Baseball would be in trouble if you guys all listened to me and looked at things how I do.

I have zero passion. I love the sport and I love watching, but I don’t care who wins.

I am able to look at things from a more logical and detached perspective than a fan, but the sport needs the passion you guys have. That’s what ultimately drives it and sells it to the next generation. 

So.... vent away..... 

I guess it’s similar to a defense attorney having to detach from a client who is obviously guilty but still having to defend them. Sort of. Lol

On 7/30/2020 at 12:07 PM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ha. Actually I was thinking about this last night...

Baseball would be in trouble if you guys all listened to me and looked at things how I do.

I have zero passion. I love the sport and I love watching, but I don’t care who wins.

I am able to look at things from a more logical and detached perspective than a fan, but the sport needs the passion you guys have. That’s what ultimately drives it and sells it to the next generation. 

So.... vent away..... 

I guess it’s similar to a defense attorney having to detach from a client who is obviously guilty but still having to defend them. Sort of. Lol