• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fire Maddon (FOR REAL)

Remember the narrative that the Angels only won in 2002 because of Joe Maddon?  It was always followed with, “he taught Scioscia everything he knew”. 

Of course you don’t fire him, but man that was a bad call.  

As far as the bullpen goes, this is going to be a tough year for any team to figure that shit out.  

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Remember the narrative that the Angels only won in 2002 because of Joe Maddon?  It was always followed with, “he taught Scioscia everything he knew”. 
Of course you don’t fire him, but man that was a bad call.  

As far as the bullpen goes, this is going to be a tough year for any team to figure that shit out.  

I agree with all of this, but what I'm most curious about is: What happens next time Heaney starts and gets to 60-something pitches with only 1 ER? Does Maddon pull him yet again? 

I can count on one hand how many Angels pitchers have ever frustrated me more than Andrew Heaney. I cannot fathom him finally becoming a good pitcher only to have a manager not let him pitch deep into games . (It would be par for the course for 2020, though.) 

The bullpen isn’t good. That isn’t Maddon’s fault. It’s only been 6 games but we’ve seen enough to know that this bullpen will probably prevent us from truly competing this season. 

This Mariners team is BAD. The bullpen gave up 7 earned runs, 8 hits and 4 walks in 4 innings. These are the games the Angels shouldn’t be losing. 

I do wonder if a 7th or 8th seed (our only shot at making the playoffs) will be enough to convince Arte that Eppler should be extended

I am too lazy to go back and find one of the times I told you guys that 90 percent of the stuff that drove you crazy about Scioscia/Ausmus was stuff that all managers do. 

-pulling the starters too early

-basing the lineup on career numbers instead of “who’s hot”

-not trusting young guys quickly enough 

-saying Player X is going to be fine/is good when you don’t like him

etc etc

22 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

The bullpen isn’t good. That isn’t Maddon’s fault. It’s only been 6 games but we’ve seen enough to know that this bullpen will probably prevent us from truly competing this season. 

This Mariners team is BAD. The bullpen gave up 7 earned runs, 8 hits and 4 walks in 4 innings. These are the games the Angels shouldn’t be losing. 

I do wonder if a 7th or 8th seed (our only shot at making the playoffs) will be enough to convince Arte that Eppler should be extended

I can’t imagine in a year like this he would not be extended, even if it is for another year.  My guess is we will hear about a 3 year extension shortly.  

19 minutes ago, Lou said:

I love it when Fletch calls you guys dumbasses. 

Ha. Actually I was thinking about this last night...

Baseball would be in trouble if you guys all listened to me and looked at things how I do.

I have zero passion. I love the sport and I love watching, but I don’t care who wins.

I am able to look at things from a more logical and detached perspective than a fan, but the sport needs the passion you guys have. That’s what ultimately drives it and sells it to the next generation. 

So.... vent away..... 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Ha. Actually I was thinking about this last night...

Baseball would be in trouble if you guys all listened to me and looked at things how I do.

I have zero passion. I love the sport and I love watching, but I don’t care who wins.

I am able to look at things from a more logical and detached perspective than a fan, but the sport needs the passion you guys have. That’s what ultimately drives it and sells it to the next generation. 

So.... vent away..... 

I remember asking you at one of our events how you can do the job without being a fan of the team and you gave me some answer that was foreign to me because as a fan I am not detached enough.  You said it made the job easier.