• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ new slugger Anthony Rendon still dealing with oblique issue

ANAHEIM — Anthony Rendon remains out with an oblique issue, and although he’s still listed as day to day, Joe Maddon isn’t ready to assume his star third baseman will be ready for next Friday’s opener.

“I want to believe he’s gonna be ready (for opening day) but if not, we’re gonna have to have that Plan B ready,” the Angels manager said Saturday afternoon.

Rendon felt tightness in his oblique during Wednesday’s intrasquad game. All the everyday players were off Thursday, and Rendon didn’t play Friday, when the Angels first announced he had an issue.

Late Saturday afternoon, Maddon said he still hadn’t gotten the update on Rendon’s progress from the trainers.

“From his mouth, he actually feels pretty good,” Maddon said. “But you don’t know with something like this. When I hear these things, day to day, you just have to be patient. And that’s it. I don’t even want to create conjecture because I really don’t know.”

If Rendon is unable to play, the Angels would likely move Tommy La Stella to third and have David Fletcher play second.

Rendon is about to begin the first year of a seven-year, $245 million contract he signed in December.

The news was better on Brian Goodwin, who came out of Friday’s game after fouling a ball off his right leg. Maddon said Goodwin is fine.

The Angels also got clearance for Julio Teheran to begin working out, Maddon said.

Teheran had been absent from the first two weeks of camp. The Angels did not give a reason for his late arrival, but Teheran told ESPN Deportes more than a week ago that he was waiting for results of a coronavirus test.

“He’s very eager,” Maddon said Teheran. “He looks great, ready to go. But he’s got to get together with (pitching coach Mickey Callaway) and map something out. Once you have something mapped up I’ll let you guys know.”

More to come on this story.

View the full article

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I like how you decided to jump on the bandwagon of overused jokes on here.  If you can’t beat them join them.  

I wouldn't know, I'm not around here too much because of nonsense thought processes or you and Claude constantly hijacking threads and arguing like kids at recess.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't know, I'm not around here too much because of nonsense thought processes or you and Claude constantly hijacking threads and arguing like kids at recess.

Brandon, this is funny because you always come across as the guy that is too cool for school around here so how would you possibly know what kids arguing at recess is like?  

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So we’re ignoring the quote from Rendon saying he’s fine?

Exactly.  I think as Angels fans, we are so used to the players being hurt and immediately the reaction is they are gone for the year.  I know a lot of these responses are tongue in cheek, and trust me, I feel this way also for the most part.

Reality is, most of these are just rusty muscles that would have been worked out with a real spring training period, and not this abbreviated training period.

Ohtani’s sore back and Rendon’s sore oblique will be fine with some rest or I’m sure Jeff Fletcher would have had more of an immediate response.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

We're not allowed to have fun things like watching Rendon and Trout in the same lineup.

See you on September 20th, Anthony. Rest up and heal well.

Blah blah blah see you September 20th blah blah blah. The negativity is astonishing. 

17 hours ago, Stradling said:

So we’re ignoring the quote from Rendon saying he’s fine?

How often have we seen "He's fine" a few days before we see "he's on the 14-day DL"?

I hope it doesn't happen with Rendon, but don't pretend that is unusual.