• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Major League Baseball Season Updates Thread

Chuck

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Jesus Christ Claude, with all due respect, your bad take percentage is off the charts. If we could display it next to our user names you'd be embarrassed.

Well I’m involved with several charities. I have no problem sharing with you what I’ve seen personally. I’m not looking for a merit badge here but I certainly won’t feel sorry for the Billionaires and Millionaires in MLB. 

Yesterday, like every Saturday the past 8 weeks I helped donate and distribute food to families that have never been in a position to ask for it before. It’s tough out there for many people. I’ve been very fortunate with my business that it allows me to give back to my community. There’s a need and I’m happy to do it. No complaints. 

All I’m saying is that while the owners and players are bickering about profits and salaries maybe they should take a little time to become ambassadors of goodwill and do something special for the victims of Covid-19. Something like Live Aid. Maybe set up a huge baseball week of games and or skills for charity. I had a chance to watch golf today that raised $5M for charity. If that kind of idea is so bad then I don’t know what has happened to our society. Baseball has a huge opportunity to put their own needs aside do something special right now but.....profit

Bad take? Ok I’ll live with that. 

Edited by RendZone

We all get it, you are a good guy.  Prove you’re a good guy on here by staying out of threads where you are basically just going to derail them with takes no one agrees with.  You don’t want them to play this year, fine, start a thread stating that instead of ripping every idea in this thread.  

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

Well I’m involved with several charities. I have no problem sharing with you what I’ve seen personally. I’m not looking for a merit badge here but I certainly won’t feel sorry for the Billionaires and Millionaires in MLB. 

Yesterday, like every Saturday the past 8 weeks I helped donate and distribute food to families that have never been in a position to ask for it before. It’s tough out there for many people. I’ve been very fortunate with my business that it allows me to give back to my community. There’s a need and I’m happy to do it. No complaints. 

All I’m saying is that while the owners and players are bickering about profits and salaries maybe they should take a little time to become ambassadors of goodwill and do something special for the victims of Covid-19. Something like Live Aid. Maybe set up a huge baseball week of games and or skills for charity. I had a chance to watch golf today that raised $5M for charity. If that kind of idea is so bad then I don’t know what has happened to our society. Baseball has a huge opportunity to put their own needs aside do something special right now but.....profit

Bad take? Ok I’ll live with that. 

I'm sure you are a good guy, and I'm sure your takes come from a good place. I think you just have an emotional reaction to things that don't require them. It would be great if they got together and did a charity focused all star weekend, but to expect them to make that a priority when they are struggling to figure out how to not lose billions of dollars is not realistic. 

For all the crap you give him Albert does a lot of great work with the Pujols foundation... 

16 hours ago, Stradling said:

We all get it, you are a good guy.  Prove your a good guy on here by staying out of threads where you are basically just going to derail them with takes no one agrees with.  You don’t want them to play this year, fine, start a thread stating that instead of ripping every idea in this thread.  

mood GIF

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Woah, this is big turn of events with CA's Governor. 

Gov. Cuomo has expressed a similar position regarding New York. At least that's what I think I heard on the car radio about an hour ago.

So there may be access to ballparks (without fans in the stands) in the biggest markets if players and owners can solve some of the other big problems they still face.

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

We all get it, you are a good guy.  Prove your a good guy on here by staying out of threads where you are basically just going to derail them with takes no one agrees with.  You don’t want them to play this year, fine, start a thread stating that instead of ripping every idea in this thread.  

You're.

On 5/17/2020 at 4:59 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The biggest problem standing in the way is the incompetent leadership of the MLBPA. 

while i agree that tony clark is incompetent, i don't think that is the biggest impediment to progress. i think the owners renegotiating a two month old deal is the biggest problem. idiots like snell piping up and saying they should get their entire salaries don't help either.

i believe there will be baseball played in june, but i'm not confident in the season completing. i believe we are going to have a second lockdown of this after summer, and i think that's when we reach lows most of us are not imagining. i'm not a doomsday guy, but i see almost all people not taking this very seriously at all, and the ones that do are being fed half measures and false guidelines. 

52 minutes ago, ukyah said:

while i agree that tony clark is incompetent, i don't think that is the biggest impediment to progress. i think the owners renegotiating a two month old deal is the biggest problem. idiots like snell piping up and saying they should get their entire salaries don't help either.

i believe there will be baseball played in june, but i'm not confident in the season completing. i believe we are going to have a second lockdown of this after summer, and i think that's when we reach lows most of us are not imagining. i'm not a doomsday guy, but i see almost all people not taking this very seriously at all, and the ones that do are being fed half measures and false guidelines. 

Well the virus itself is the biggest issue, but aside from that I'm only really concerned with the players not accepting a deal that benefits both them and the owners to each others detriment. 

• 2 weeks later...