• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Major League Baseball Season Updates Thread

Chuck

Hi guys, there's a bunch of threads discussing the topic on if there will be a Major League Baseball season this year and what that will look like if there is.

Let's post all of the news related items on that topic in this thread so we can all check in here for the latest. 

Crossing my fingers for a MLB season this year! 

possible angels in the outfield GIF

49 minutes ago, Glen said:

Easy for the owners to tell the players to take all the risks.  

Yep, are owners going to guarantee future expected salaries for players in case of injury when they are playing this year at below market value?  Will they honor the contracts and beyond if the unthinkable happens with a player getting C-19, regardless of whether they were high risk or not?  

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep, are owners going to guarantee future expected salaries for players in case of injury when they are playing this year at below market value?  Will they honor the contracts and beyond if the unthinkable happens with a player getting C-19, regardless of whether they were high risk or not?  

Have any players under long term agreements ever given money back for playing like shit. I don’t think so. 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No.  Why would they?  

My point is that both sides take risks. There’s no easy solution with this situation. Let’s say that everything starts fine and suddenly 3-4 players get Covid-19 and get extremely sick. Do they pull the plug on the whole league or are those sick players just collateral damage.

39 minutes ago, RendZone said:

My point is that both sides take risks. There’s no easy solution with this situation. Let’s say that everything starts fine and suddenly 3-4 players get Covid-19 and get extremely sick. Do they pull the plug on the whole league or are those sick players just collateral damage.

Yea probably.   But while both sides take risk, this is a case where the players take all the risk.  

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Not an update, but interesting take from a former player.  Of course it's easy for Teixeira to say this after retiring and cashing in a $180M contract already

Spot on Mark Teixeira. Take what you can get at this point or stay home until 2021

“Players need to understand that if they turn this deal down and shut the sport down, they’re not making a cent. I would rather make pennies on the dollar and give hope to people and play baseball than not make anything and lose an entire year off their career.”

13 minutes ago, RendZone said:

But most MLB teams don't want to play in 100 degree heat.  

Play half the games in the morning and at night in the ST stadiums, the others at Chase Field in the AC. 

I don't see the Cubs and Cardinals bitching about playing their games in the summer at home in that  awful hot humidity which takes way more out of you than the dry Arizona heat.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Play half the games in the morning and at night in the ST stadiums, the others at Chase Field in the AC. 

I seriously doubt that the players would subject themselves to that type of scheduling.  July, August and September Scottsdale weather is brutal. You're not going to get 3 months of quality baseball in those conditions. 

Just now, RendZone said:

I seriously doubt that the players would subject themselves to that type of scheduling.  July, August and September Scottsdale weather is brutal. You're not going to get 3 months of quality baseball in those conditions. 

Again, if games can be played in hot humidity during the summer months in the midwest and east coast, they can play in dry heat.

Humidity dehydrates you much faster than dry heat.