• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Major League Baseball Season Updates Thread

Chuck

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Since Trout has become Trout what bad trades?  So I guess from 2012 on, what were these bad trades?  Clevinger for Pestano is one.  I guess the Greinke trade, that cost us Segura.  I have to be missing some, right?  

It wasn’t just bad trades. There were bad signings and the JeDi Genius left the team in a flux. Arte spent tons of money and we’re still having trouble competing with the A’s. There were so many mistakes made. 

4 minutes ago, RendZone said:

It wasn’t just bad trades. There were bad signings and the JeDi Genius left the team in a flux. Arte spent tons of money and we’re still having trouble competing with the A’s. There were so many mistakes made. 

Yea, I know.  I was referring to the tweet in the post I quoted and asked a question about one of the points of the tweet.  If I was curious about money spent I would have asked questions about that point.  Go be a blow hard somewhere else.  

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

will these guys ever get on the same page? MLBPA considers this a step back? Also requires the players to sign a risk waiver? I can’t see the players liking that too much 

I'm really starting to hate the MLBPA and while I was just teetering to side with the owners I'm fully on their side of the fence now. 

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

will these guys ever get on the same page? MLBPA considers this a step back? Also requires the players to sign a risk waiver? I can’t see the players liking that too much 

It's basically the same offer they previously made, only 50% is guaranteed.   They added stuff to the free agency and made an extra 25% potentially obtainable but it's more about making it look to the public like they upped their offer when in reality they haven't budged.

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So the dude who hates owners and hates the players wants to tell us what would be best at this point.   Seems reasonable. 

I already told you what would be best for baseball and it’s fans. Real baseball with fully compensated players with fans in attendance. Like next spring. 

The entire league should take this idle time to hammer out a new CBA, implement new rule changes and allow teams to begin their offseason early to work on their rosters. Give every team a 45 day window to re-sign their pending free agents or allow them to negotiate with other teams. This would also take these stupid pandemic proposals out of the media and everyone can save face. 

But baseball deprivation is just too much for some people to deal with. 

Major League Baseball is preparing yet another counter-offer to the Players Association after the MLBPA proposed an 89-game season with prorated salaries yesterday, commissioner Rob Manfred said in an appearance on MLB Network (hat tip: Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times, on Twitter). More encouragingly, Manfred emphatically stated: “We’re going to play baseball in 2020 — 100 percent.” The commissioner’s preference remains for a negotiated agreement between the league and union, but Manfred does have the ability to implement a shorter season (at fully prorated salaries) under the standing March agreement.