• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Major League Baseball Season Updates Thread

Chuck

48 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you think the players are going to compete half heartedly, it says much more about you than the players or this situation.  

If the MLB players really cared about the situation they would figure out a way to get most of best players of the game together and put together an All Star type weekend with games, home run derby for charity. A pay per view event with all of the proceeds going to help feed needy people. But no we want our money.

Edited by RendZone

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

That is what he suggested.   I don’t know if it’s in the actual proposal but I do know it was talked about.  He wasn’t suggesting turning every game into 7 innings. 

Correct. He suggested playing 7-inning double-headers on Sundays followed by an off day on Mondays every 2 weeks.

Dummies 

24 minutes ago, RendZone said:

If the MLB players really cared about the situation they would figure out a way to get most of best players of the game together and put together an All Star type weekend with games, home run derby for charity. A pay per view event with all of the proceeds going to help feed needy people. But no we want our money.

Haha.  Ok so in your mind this is better than an abbreviated season?
You should start a poll to see who here agrees with you.   

25 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Haha.  Ok so in your mind this is better than an abbreviated season?
You should start a poll to see who here agrees with you.   

Much better and much safer. Give the fans something to watch and give them opportunities to pledge money to help people in need. Make every cent count. 

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

I don’t care about seeing an All Star game....I want to see my team.....

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

On the list of things I care about, this isn’t one of them.

With all of the issues pertaining to the CoronaVirus. The employment rate, economy, schools, social distancing and hunger, I certainly hope that baseball is not high on your list of cares. 

Baseball’s return may include no spitting, no tobacco, no sunflower seeds

Via Jeff Passan of ESPN.com, a working draft of Major League Baseball’s revamped health and safety manual includes a prohibition on spitting, chewing tobacco, and gnawing on mouthfuls of sunflower seeds.

Coronaball also will exclude fist bumps and hugs, socializing with opponents, and any attempt by first- and third-base coaches to approach baserunners or umpires. Likewise, the ritual of throwing the ball “around the horn” after an out will be discouraged, and any ball will be removed from play after being touched by multiple players.

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Baseball’s return may include no spitting, no tobacco, no sunflower seeds

Via Jeff Passan of ESPN.com, a working draft of Major League Baseball’s revamped health and safety manual includes a prohibition on spitting, chewing tobacco, and gnawing on mouthfuls of sunflower seeds.

Coronaball also will exclude fist bumps and hugs, socializing with opponents, and any attempt by first- and third-base coaches to approach baserunners or umpires. Likewise, the ritual of throwing the ball “around the horn” after an out will be discouraged, and any ball will be removed from play after being touched by multiple players.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:56 PM, RendZone said:

Jesus Christ Claude, with all due respect, your bad take percentage is off the charts. If we could display it next to our user names you'd be embarrassed.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:01 AM, Inside Pitch said:

Snell's comments are pretty ignorant, dude is actually being quoted as saying he should get his full season's pay regardless of how many games they actually play in some of the articles I've read.  That's a quick way to make yourself out to be the bad guy.... 

I think I've conditioned myself to believe there will not be any baseball this season.   Beyond the politics and everything else, I don't believe there is any way the MLBPA will agree to a percentage of the profits.  The union has always said the one thing they would never do is agree to a salary cap, what ownership is offering is effectively a salary cap.   That's one hill they will happily die on IMO.

The June draft may end up being the closest thing we get to enjoying baseball in 2020.

The biggest problem standing in the way is the incompetent leadership of the MLBPA.