• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

https://apple.news/AINARkguMS8WeWZjmx6OzrA

NBC News: Report says cellphone data suggests October shutdown at Wuhan lab, but experts are skeptical

Those who suspect such a lab release point to a body of circumstantial evidence:

A Jan. 24 study published in the medical journal The Lancet found that three of the first four cases — including the first known case — didn't provide a documented link to the Wuhan wet market.

The bats that carry the family of coronaviruses linked to the new strain aren't found within 100 miles of Wuhan — but they were studied in both labs.

Photos and videos have emerged of researchers at both labs collecting samples from bats without wearing protective gear, which experts say poses a risk of human infection.

A U.S. State Department expert who visited the WIV in 2018 wrote in a cable reported by The Washington Post: "During interactions with scientists at the WIV laboratory, [U.S. diplomats] noted the new lab has a serious shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators needed to safely operate this high-containment laboratory."

According to Senate Intelligence Committee member Tom Cotton, R-Ark., the Chinese military posted its top epidemiologist to the WIV in January.

The Shanghai laboratory where researchers published the world's first genome sequence of the coronavirus was shut down Jan. 12, according to The South China Morning Post.

According to U.S. intelligence assessments, including one published by the Department of Homeland Security and reviewed by NBC News, the Chinese government initially covered up the severity of the outbreak. Government officials threatened doctors who warned their colleagues about the virus, weren't candid about human-to-human transmission and still haven't provided virus samples to researchers.

Despite all that, most scientists and researchers believe natural animal-to-human transmission is the most likely scenario.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cyber-idUSKBN22P2CS

Reuters: U.S. accuses China-linked hackers of stealing coronavirus research

(Reuters) - China-linked hackers are breaking into American organizations carrying out research into COVID-19, U.S. officials said on Wednesday, warning both scientists and public health officials to be on the lookout for cyber theft. 

In a joint statement, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security said the FBI was investigating digital break-ins at U.S. organizations by China-linked “cyber actors” that it had monitored “attempting to identify and illicitly obtain valuable intellectual property (IP) and public health data related to vaccines, treatments, and testing from networks and personnel affiliated with COVID-19-related research.” 

The statement offered no further details on the identities of the targets or the hackers. The Chinese Embassy in Washington condemned the allegations as “lies.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-17/what-do-americans-think-of-made-in-china-polling-latest

Bloomberg: 

Americans Are Giving Made-in-China the Cold Shoulder

New poll shows 40% won’t buy Made-in-China products

The poll also found:

• 55% don’t think China can be trusted to follow through on its trade-deal commitments signed in January to buy more U.S. products
  • 78% percent said they’d be willing to pay more for products if the company that made them moved manufacturing out of China
  • 66% said they favor raising import restrictions over the pursuit of free-trade deals as a better way to boost the U.S. economy

28 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

How many people actually check where something is made before they buy it? 

Depends on what I am buying. I do try to buy US made products whenever possible but it is difficult to avoid Chinese made products though 

Edited by Jason

40 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

How many people actually check where something is made before they buy it? 

I check.  But as people have said, sometimes you can't get around it.  Especially with electronics.  But my last two big electronic purchases, my watch was made in Taiwan and my phone is made in Vietnam.

One thing I am positive though.  I would never buy any kind of food from China, even though human food is kind of rare.  But what isn't rare is pet food.  Pets have been dying because they have eaten food made in China.  That's the one all pet owners should be label reading on.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

One thing I am positive though.  I would never buy any kind of food from China, even though human food is kind of rare.  But what isn't rare is pet food.  Pets have been dying 

I knew it! That orange "chicken" I had last night tasted a bit catty.