• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

562313885_mp840x830mattef8f8f8t-pad750x1000f8f8f8.jpg.550422b480fcf60a8b10b374738f5282.jpg

So before I started this topic I searched to see if there was already an 'official' china thread. Rather than one discussion I found quite a few old topics referencing things happening in China. It seems like every time they fart we smell it and then it goes away.

I mean before all this Corona shit we had long forgotten about the SARS epidemic. I think we all knew about the terrible pollution, we even had a thread about how their dirty air was being blown across the ocean and polluting our own. Their contributions to global warming are as notorious as their state controlled media, firewalled internet and prolific bat consumption. We collectively shrugged our shoulders when they starting building islands and claiming international territory as their own. Recall that perhaps Trumps first gaff as President was his faux pas of recognizing the existence of Taiwan as something more than a part of China. Trump's tariffs on China over unfair trade practices and gross intellectual property theft have been unpopular here. We cringe at reports of people disappearing or having their organs harvested when they cross the party line. Heck, we have even turned a blind eye to the plight of Muslims being forced into concentration camps, yet we do nothing...

We have done this because of our corporate need for expansion, our addiction to cheap goods and because, up until now, it's always happening 'over there.' Sure they affected us, but we didn't really feel it. But something changed this year...

Sure tech companies have been straddling the line for years but it was eye opening to hear the NBA's response to the Hong Kong protests. An American company and American players standing down to the will of a foreign country, I have never seen anything like it. China has been growing rich off the backs of American consumers but we have never stopped to question what that money is really buying them. We are finally starting to see what exactly that is, and the answer is power.

If we learn anything from this pandemic it should be the real scope of China's influence over us, and how we can expect them to use their power going forward. The useless information out of the WHO and the discovery that they are just a mouth piece of the Chinese government is just the tip of the iceberg. The news media has been largely focused on Trump and ignored the cover up going on inside China. Our corporations and our institutions collectively live in fear of potential retaliation from the Chinese government, and this will only continue to get worse as they gain more power. So are we going to do anything about it?

By now I know I've spent too much time in the drive through Panda Express line, so I'll just leave this last bit here: https://www.npr.org/2020/04/14/828565428/bloomberg-news-killed-investigation-fired-reporter-then-sought-to-silence-his-wi

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Damn.  This thread made me really want Panda Express orange chicken.  My brain is broken. 

Drink and smoke more, and you will be fine.  Although then your craving will go from Panda Express to Del Taco drive thru.  But at least your brain will be right.

i said a few weeks ago that this ought to spur us in a big way to return manufacturing jobs back to our country. If i have to pay a bit more for something, that's fine with me. it's a fools errand to rely on a country like china to provide us with life-saving things like masks, gloves, and medicine.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i said a few weeks ago that this ought to spur us in a big way to return manufacturing jobs back to our country. If i have to pay a bit more for something, that's fine with me. it's a fools errand to rely on a country like china to provide us with life-saving things like masks, gloves, and medicine.

Not much of that is coming back to US but it  should be dispersed more than it is. couldn't we kill multiple birds with one stone by getting some manufacturing going in Central America?

Edited by arch stanton

23 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Drink and smoke more, and you will be fine.  Although then your craving will go from Panda Express to Del Taco drive thru.  But at least your brain will be right.

And probably the same kitchen staff at both, so if you ask, you can probably have them make you an orange chicken soft taco.