• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

bottom up!

April Fool's: Nesquik Launches Broccoli Milk

No more like "bottom down" on the fucking toilet from the abominable terrorslush that would be shit out of my asshole like a baseball-sized leak in the Hoover Dam.

The absolute hell torrent that would rage havoc on the toilet would be remembered for generations and the only question historians would muster up would be "Why".

From the CaLOLfornia thread...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-pension-fund-board-slams-180854579.html

California Pension Fund Board Slams CIO for Selling Off Hedges ahead of Coronavirus Market Downturn

Yu Ben Meng — the chief investment officer of California’s public pension who has ties to Chinese espionage — sold off the fund’s investments in hedges against market downturn without the approval of the pension’s board, a move that cost the fund a billion-dollar payout following the coronavirus market crash.

The CalPERS board is scheduled to meet this week to discuss “how much authority it delegates to investment staff.” Meng came under fire earlier this year after being accused of participating in China’s “Thousand Talents Program,” which provides secret funding to U.S. academics and entrepreneurs in exchange for valuable information.

Meng emigrated to the U.S. from China to study at the University of California, Davis, and worked as deputy CIO for China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE) — which oversees China’s U.S. Treasury security holdings — prior to his appointment at CIO. A 2017 interview Meng gave to a Chinese state-sponsored newspaper mentions his role in the program, and includes comments from Meng saying “in human life, if there is an opportunity to serve the motherland, such responsibility and honor cannot be compared to anything.”

Under pressure from Representative Jim Banks (R., Ind.), CalPERS CEO Marcie Fros did not deny that Meng had been recruited to the “Thousand Talents Program,” but called the allegation that he was serving Beijing’s interests “baseless.”

I heard about this today so I googled around for a source. Not sure if it's true, since the source here is someone inside the Trump administration...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/peter-navarro-claims-china-tried-to-corner-the-world-market-in-masks-after-they-identified-coronavirus-threat/

“It looks like during that interval, China was basically attempting to corner the market in personal protective equipment including masks. So they were buying large quantities of masks, gloves, goggles, respirators from the rest of the world at a time when the world was still sleeping with respect to the dangers of the virus.”

Navarro pointed out that Chinese customs data shows “one statistic that I think every American should sit up and really stare at,” namely that China bought 2.2 billion face masks between January 24 and the end of February.

It's also discussed on this youtube distributed news show... they have an additional source who is a worker for a California based Chinese owned company who claims the Chinese treated it like a fundraiser, with everyone required to collect a number of masks to be sent back to the motherland.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I heard about this today so I googled around for a source. Not sure if it's true, since the source here is someone inside the Trump administration...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/peter-navarro-claims-china-tried-to-corner-the-world-market-in-masks-after-they-identified-coronavirus-threat/

It's also discussed on this youtube distributed news show... they have an additional source who is a worker for a California based Chinese owned company who claims the Chinese treated it like a fundraiser, with everyone required to collect a number of masks to be sent back to the motherland.

People in the US need to familiarize themselves with the Chinese term of daigou. Export regulations are needed to combat this bullshit. Australia got absolutely hammered with baby formula shortages recently because of this. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigou

10 hours ago, Lhalo said:

People in the US need to familiarize themselves with the Chinese term of daigou. Export regulations are needed to combat this bullshit. Australia got absolutely hammered with baby formula shortages recently because of this. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigou

Crazy stuff. I wonder if our TP got Daigoi'd at the beginning of the crisis.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:46 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

China better pay! 

We'll there is finally a credible source on this one, thanks to the Chuckster.

And a related story via Bloomberg

https://apple.news/Acuu16FaxS0ekPeoBQEzJvw

Pompeo Says ‘Enormous Evidence’ Connects Virus to Wuhan Lab

“I can tell you that there is a significant amount of evidence that this came from that laboratory in Wuhan,” Pompeo said on ABC’s “This Week.” “These are not the first times that we’ve had a world exposed to viruses as a result of failures in a Chinese lab.”

Pompeo stopped short of saying the virus was man-made, noting that he agreed with a report by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence that ruled out genetic modification or it having been man-made.

“China behaved like authoritarian regimes do, attempted to conceal and hide and confuse,” Pompeo said on ABC. “It employed the World Health Organization as a tool to do the same.”

The secretary said China continued to block access by health experts from the WHO, as well as U.S. scientists, from getting access to samples of the virus needed for study.

“This is an ongoing threat, an ongoing pandemic,” Pompeo said. “The Chinese Communist Party continues to block access to the Western world, the world’s best scientists, to figure out exactly what happened.”

Interesting note, that the AP article says that people in China may find Pompeo's comments 'offensive' and the Bloomberg article also notes that Pompeo provided no evidence for his claims.

54 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. You can't get more credible than the AP. I mean, they may lean a little left but that's not really their thing.

They aren’t comprised of humans?